Active Topics

Hello folks!

I'm a newbie so i wanted to know about overclocking!
I'm unable to understand that how does it work! Does it really overclock the cpu? If yes! Then how does it work? Doesn't cpu speed depend upon Hardware or something!

And also! If a device is overclocked! will it run faster than a stock CPU! Coz I'm really feeling like my N900s Cpu is slow it starts hanging when multitasking! Especially it sucks on Application manager!

If i need to overclock mydevice according to you guys then please help me! How do i overclock my device! and what are the symptoms of overclocked device! I installed an app from app manager cpumax! Its a desktop widget! But It doesn't do anything except for showing me stock CPU speed i.e 600mhz

Thanks your help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by hussy.plus View Post
Hello folks!

I'm a newbie so i wanted to know about overclocking!
I'm unable to understand that how does it work! Does it really overclock the cpu? If yes! Then how does it work? Doesn't cpu speed depend upon Hardware or something!

And also! If a device is overclocked! will it run faster than a stock CPU! Coz I'm really feeling like my N900s Cpu is slow it starts hanging when multitasking! Especially it sucks on Application manager!

If i need to overclock mydevice according to you guys then please help me! How do i overclock my device! and what are the symptoms of overclocked device! I installed an app from app manager cpumax! Its a desktop widget! But It doesn't do anything except for showing me stock CPU speed i.e 600mhz

Thanks your help would be greatly appreciated!
http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
you really do need to go look on the overclock thread it is huge instead of asking questions about it because this is a community FULL of information and search is really your best friend, try the power search tool on here ok.

It is likely you will get labeled as a pest if you keep asking questions that have easy answers on this community that already exist.

Oh okay! I apologize I won't ask questions again

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
The! amount! of exclamation! marks! is too damn high!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
The! amount! of exclamation! marks! is too damn high!
LOL ammyt Sorry, I have this bad habbit of writing ''!'' After almost every clause

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I wouldn't start with overclocking but install swappolube and swap on MicroSD first. The biggest slowdown factor of our N900s are the IO operations.

OC to 1150mhz is just insane, never go above 900mhz. SR is calibrated to 900mhz so that's the maximimum should go. However I even suggest not to go above 850. There's just no real win anymore because the slowdown factor will be IO operations
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
I wouldn't start with overclocking but install swappolube and swap on MicroSD first. The biggest slowdown factor of our N900s are the IO operations.

OC to 1150mhz is just insane, never go above 900mhz. SR is calibrated to 900mhz so that's the maximimum should go. However I even suggest not to go above 850. There's just no real win anymore because the slowdown factor will be IO operations
Oh Mr_pingu you always help Thanks..

As you said I'll not cross 850 then I just want my device stable

Just tell me, Before over clocking do i have to install enhanced linux kernel power from app manager?

Of course you need to overclock! Amazing phone, open for anything, listen to mr_pingu as well. I used to always keep mine at 850, and was very pleased with it.

Oh yeah I'm listening to him BTW do i need to do something with voltages? :S