Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
BTW, how do I remove camera-ui2 and make sure I've removed all fcam drivers? I want the normal stock camera app too.
Do I have to remove KP52 too?
I think I'll just leave FAM, FileBox and some other essential apps I need.

EDIT: I'll just reinstall the original camera-ui from xterm, I have to learn some basic commands lol.
Wishing myself luck.

Last edited by Half-Life_4_Life; 2014-05-04 at 13:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
My N900 is willy-nilly again. Can't boot it up, doesn't go past the Nokia logo.
Tried all I could, no luck.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
The fcam drivers can be manually uninstalled if still present AFTER removing BlessN900 and fcamera.

KP52 can be uninstalled only by using the proper uninstaller and not simply removed via HAM. Doing the latter will cause problems. Camera-ui2 comes with CSSU.

CSSU cannot be uninstalled. A reflash is the best option - cold comfort in the case of a flaky usb port I know.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
I think it would be a good idea to post a link in the first post of every competition with some simple tips about making good photos with your smart phone. Like rules of thirds and such.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the idea. I'll try and come up with something.
Maybe even a little guide here on TMO.
Not too complicated, thank goodness there aren't any manual settings on mobile phones...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
I heard someone talking about adding more photos to the voting results post.
So that not just the first place gets a photo. But, it would be too cumbersome.
Just look at what happened this month, there were three contestants with the second place.

And for dropping the name your phone thing. I can't force anyone to write the phone they used, I'm no one that can do that but I can omit placing the entry in for the voting but I don't want to do that.
But rules are rules and we need to be a bit stricter with them..

Also, I noticed that ste-phan won again this month, twice month-to-month.
I think it should be avoided to allow more users to share their ideas when they win.
So this means that the winner of this month cannot participate in the next month, unfortunately.
Well, expect for this time of course. I just haven't thought about it before.
And one more thing: due to a lot of new users, if some inactive user wins and doesn't respond within one day of winning I need to give the second winner a chance...

Last edited by Half-Life_4_Life; 2014-11-01 at 12:00.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
What's the problem with someone winning two, three or a hundred times in a row? Is this some warped idea of "fairness", like when my kids had a sports day at the nursery and everyone got a medal, because it was "fair"? How fair was it to those kids that did actually win but whoever came last got the same medal?

I never won any photo competition but I can tell you, if I won only because the best participants were prevented from taking part, I would not consider it a worthwhile victory.

Regarding the "name your phone" versus "provide EXIF" thingy, I strongly favour the former.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I can see what you mean. You're right but again, I'm considering everything in order to improve this competition. Oh, and users don't need to provide EXIF data but why is it so hard to upload an original photo somewhere and not just attach a photo using TMO?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
but why is it so hard to upload an original photo somewhere and not just attach a photo using TMO?
Because not everyone has or wants an account at some sharing service.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
There are a lot of sites that don't require registering. But I know I'm asking too much with that.

Tags
camera.phone, system, voting