Notices

I tried greasemonkey on microB and it's works so is there any chance to have something similar to gecko-mediaplayer or vlc-plugin on maemo?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
There is Mplayer-Plugin for Maemo 4, it might also be available for you.

I never did figure out how it was supposed to work though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Try to install package MPlayer-Plugin; its deb is intended for Maemo 4 Diablo, but since its armel, too, it should be workable. I have installed on Maemo 5 Fremantle the GoldenDict package intended for Maemo 4 Diablo - and it works quite well.
After installation, this plugin should be listed under MicroB->Options->Add-ons->Plugins
Currently, I observe Atlas Plugin, Default plug-in, Mediaplayer media plug-in and Nokia MessageBus Plugin in this list. You should see MPlayer plugin added to the list.
Afterwards, if there are problems with persuading MicroB to open media files with MPlayer plugin, ask. I have recently persuaded Firefox to open avi video files with Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
Best wishes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Nice, not embedded, without control buttons and gstreamer support but it WORKS.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Nice, not embedded, without control buttons and gstreamer support but it WORKS.
Works, as opposed to what? What doesn't work, and what's the problem? I honestly do not want to install Libavcodec; I would prefer to use mediaplayer, such as openmediaplayer, and install codecs (for avi-mp4-xvid-whatever) separately.
Best wishes.

what works? I can watch youtube videos in mplayer with disabled flash plugin.

Tags
microb