Active Topics

On my computer, there's a widget on one corner of my screen that displays all of my virtual desktops (I have 5), highlights the active one, and lets me click on any desktop to jump to it. Does such a widget exist for Maemo?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
The more you have, the longer it will get to to get to any desktop (because it's 1d navigation)
... even if it's 2D (which I assume) - hey! where's the cube! linux always has a 3D cube!

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nazrax View Post
On my computer, there's a widget on one corner of my screen that displays all of my virtual desktops (I have 5), highlights the active one, and lets me click on any desktop to jump to it. Does such a widget exist for Maemo?
Currently no.

Hartti

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Hmm I'd like to see a:
2x4 desktop setup myself.

Why shouldn't it be possible?

Roll up/down/left/right... hell even something unusual like

==
==|==|==
==

Could be doable. So you have the center one for whatever you want and the rest for aps you want there. Could probaly even do scrolling between them in a nice circle

Mine is full already..
Is this possible with Fremantle?

Why not create a brainstorm? I'm sure theres others who want more also.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
would be nice to have 8 virtual desktops like on Ubuntu, Fedora, Yellow Dog Linux

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Mine is full already..
Is this possible with Fremantle?
There was a discussion about this somewhere, I recall its hildon-home limitation, and backgrounds/theming problems being reasoning. I wouldn't be surprised if fixed eventually, many of us including me would like to see more desktops.

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I agree, personally I would just need one or 2 more, but if I can get 8 i'll take that as well

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Well, think about it. If you have 8 desktops what happens with a main advantage of your current desktops (and that is your personal shortcuts maximum two swipes away from you)? Your shortcuts are going to be 1-2-3-4 swipes from you, and that equals going to menu and choosing it in normal way.

Tags
add desktops, additional desktops, desktop, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, more than four desktops, panoramic desktop