Notices

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
After pairing, my N810 doesn't offer the sideshow services in Windows ( (Devices and Printers > N810 > Properties Hardware). How did you achieve that?

I'm on Win7 RTM x64

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Yorkshire
You need to have the mSideShow app running for Windows to see it as a SideShow device.

I haven't got a Windows 7 device at the moment, so I can't be too specific. In Vista you need to enable the service in the Bluetooth control panel item. Once you do that, Windows will automagically install the SideShow Universal Driver and you should get a SideShow icon in the control panel.

I'll free up some disk space and build a Windows 7 VM so that I can test things in there. I'll report back my findings.

I built a Windows 7 RTM machine this evening. Unfortunately, VirtualBox doesn't do Bluetooth. Doh!

I'll see if I can find a spare machine somewhere and build a proper install.

I'll report back with my findings.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I think VMware does bluetooth.
Let me test this out on Windows 7 and get back to you...

EDIT: Ok, looks like it connected, but I have no idea what to do after that...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2009-10-07 at 00:18.

Control Panel -> Windows SideShow

It's the same for both Vista and Windows 7. From there you can decide what gadgets you want to appear.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
As previously mentioned, there is a known bug where for a lot of people it doesn't work on Windows 7.

I cannot find anything official just someone quoting on a forum saying Microsoft know of the issue and will fix it later. :-(

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Hehe that's where I arrived too. I guess the the unified driver is screwed.
At least I was able to open the Sideshow control panel through "Help and Support".

mSideShow is now in the extras-devel repository.

I've also created a garage project.

In the meantime I will be doing a web site with more details on installation/usage and compatibility test reports.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
i think it is working for me on Win7, have not tried any gadgets yet...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Okay. I've confirmed that it works with a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 RTM. I will (eventually) update the project page with the relevant details.

Finding the SideShow control panel item was hard work. It was easier just to click the orb (start button) and type "sideshow".

Tags
sideshow, sideshow bob, windows