The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Or MutiROM

The one for OneplusX doesnt require kexec hardboot paatch

https://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...m-v24-t2571011

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...m-v26-t2835738

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Stuck in the city today with a couple of hours to kill - gave in to temptation and bought an X

Size is great, hardware seems solid and nicely put together. I really hope we get some SFOS firmware soon though, because android is just horrible I can't even bring myself to put my sim in it

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
wait, there's multirom for the OPX?? Since when?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
I would be eternally grateful for a fool proof guide on how to back up your DRM etc stuff from xperia... and how to recover using the backups. There are multiple guides, enough different to cause confusion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
wait, there's multirom for the OPX?? Since when?
Long time.

But the problem is it only works with new bootloader (OS 3.1.x) while SFOS is based on CM12 which is old bootloader (OS 2.2.x).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
It's up to you, but once those keys are gone you cannot go back to 'full factory' the same as it was out of the box, those protected functions are lost forever.
Don't care. I will never use an Android phone in any capacity - full factory or not. My Xperia X is waiting in a drawer without having even been turned on once since I bought it two weeks ago with the sole purpose of flashing Sailfish on it when available. Any DRM functionality of Sony's that will not be supported through SFOS is functionality I will never use and never miss.

Also, my first mobile phone was an Ericsson Hotline 900 from 1989, and I still have it and every mobile phone I bought since then. Never sold any phone, never going to. So, these DRM keys are probably the last thing in the world that would ever concern me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Don't care. I will never use an Android phone in any capacity - full factory or not. My Xperia X is waiting in a drawer without having even been turned on once since I bought it two weeks ago with the sole purpose of flashing Sailfish on it when available. Any DRM functionality of Sony's that will not be supported through SFOS is functionality I will never use and never miss.

Also, my first mobile phone was an Ericsson Hotline 900 from 1989, and I still have it and every mobile phone I bought since then. Never sold any phone, never going to. So, these DRM keys are probably the last thing in the world that would ever concern me.
What about if SFOS on Xperia X can leverage the goodies from Sony's proprietary for its camera and display?

This is official port between Jolla and Sony. It will just do more good than harms if they just make use their own advantages. Things can happen. Never said never before it happens.

Anyway, no harm to wait until it is all clear.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
I would be eternally grateful for a fool proof guide on how to back up your DRM etc stuff from xperia... and how to recover using the backups. There are multiple guides, enough different to cause confusion.
Direct link to another forum
https://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...ackup-t3514236
This works - I got mine with Android 7.0 Nougat installed and had to downgrade in order to backup TA (Trim Area) partition where DRM keys are stored.
Take your time, though...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
is it a wise decision to buy x in advance? i mean to say what if jolla abondons the project or the images they come up with aren't cool enough for the users?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x