Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Is there an unzip utility for 770?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hants, UK
It appears to have gzip (and tar), but I am guessing that if it's a standard gzip then it won't work with standard zip (pkware) archives.

Gareth

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
When using the backup utility of the 770 you'll find a couple of .zip files in the backup directory. I transferred them via USB to my Windows XP PC and could open them with the "XP zipper". So, there must at least be a zip tool on the 770.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I downloaded some e-books that were zipped and I wondered what I was going to do with them.

But as it happens, FBReader can read them in zipped form so no unzipping was necessary. (Just another thing to like about this e-book reader :-)

I found the exact same thing with FBReader. I was wondering how the hell I was going to unzip eBooks and it did it for me. I agree it is an excellent little program! I am building up a nice library of classics to read on the bus going to and from work thanks to Project Gutenberg. Being able to browse the site on the 770, download the books straight to my MMC card then add them into the FB Reader library all without touching my desktop is great!

Where are good resoures for ebook newbe's to find material?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada

thanks hedgecore and direst. Instead of tagging onto this i should have started a new thread, so I just created: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...read.php?t=998 for this topic.