Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by youngfiles
Look on eBay, there are some sellers offering 770-specific screen protectors for some time now. Perhaps you could persuade them into sending samples. If not, they're not too expensive.
Beware:
Do not buy from here. They sent me the wrong size (3 1/2 x 2 1/8). I called and they asked what screen size is the Nokia 770. I said I don't know as I don't have one yet. They said they didn't know either but they sure advertise they do. They also said I could still use it anyway, what a joke!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=56167

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ OC,California,USA
i think i saw 5 screen protectors for cheap on ebay.

nowen: thanks for the heads up. do you remember the ebay ID of the seller?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by youngfiles
nowen: thanks for the heads up. do you remember the ebay ID of the seller?
bandegifts

It looks like the PSP screen protectors should be big enough. Just needs a little modding.

Edit:

Apparently Hori makes the best screen covers, pus, at $5, it's half what Target charges. EBgames sells them.

All I had to do what cut a bit off the width (x axis). I didn't cut enough off but the small amount extra fit easily under the screen. There were a couple of air bubbles but I managed drag them out with my stylus.

The height is actually a fraction too big, which is why I didn't want to try cutting it. Perhaps as a result of this, there is a small hairline bubble along the top of the screen. This may have been my fault as I slighty creased it reapplying the protector when I was off axis. I can't see it when the unit is on in anycase.

Link to the Hori PSP screen protector:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255993.asp

I thought I'd include a before and after pic of the job.

Before:

After:

The yellow in the bottom looks faded but I honestly can't tell a difference in person.

Last edited by Robette; 2005-12-27 at 05:03.

Does the PSP one not fit ?? I put one on straight away !! Fits exactly.

Jason.

Live via free 770 --

Did you ever use Writerights? How do these compare? Very sticky? Glossy or matte? Scratch easily (my WR already looks like sh*t!)?

Hello,

I've just ordered a screen protector at Brando
http://shop.brando.com.hk/ultraclearscreenprotector.php
price is 13 US$ including shipment. Their ultra clear screen protector are excellent, I already had one on my Treo and almost forget it.

fellowes offers some universal protectors that measure 76.2mm by 104.7mm. 12 in a pack. Available at CompUSA for $19.99. CUSA product # 311393.

You can now purchase an ultra clear screen protector specific for Nokia 770 by following this link:

GS Ultra Clear Screen Protector for Nokia 770 ( $7.99/pc )

Shipping from Charleston, WV USA

Cheers!