Maybe I'm an idiot, but I wanted to remove the battery from my 770 to check the serial number and I couldn't find a way to do it. It's flush with the case of the device and there are no useful finger-levers or anything that I can see. I seriously feel like I risk damaging the device trying to figure out a way to pry the thing out of there. Does anyone have any advice?

Never mind, solved my own problem. The trick was...

...to bang it against the table a few times. Loosened it right up. No I'm not kidding.

I've owned a lot of nokia products over the years and it seems like they are getting
progressively harder to open to get access to the battery, sim card or mmc card.

Try steady, progessively increasing pressure. Strong thumbs are a plus, as are a small amount of nerve. If you were banging yours on the table, sounds like you've got that last one covered.

Well... "bang" may be an overstatement. ;-)

Anyway, am writing this now from my 770. It sure is buggy as all hell, but it's got the makings of a compelling product..I'm sure I'll have lots more to say about it later.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
First thing I did when my Nokia 770 arrived was to take a photo of the label before I mounted the battery. How smart I am

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Smart indeed , however the WLAN no./Product ID , is also printed on the box...

I took the cover off, and there was a little notch for a finger on side away from the contacts.