Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
Hi all,

I just hooked up my 770 via USB to my computer for the first time to copy some stuff on the MMC. After doing that I now have some sort of system information file on the card that I did not create. Does the 770 do some sort of a automated back up that I do not know about. When I look at the file it shows something about a restore. I can supply more info if necessary.

Thanks for any replies!

Last edited by nowen; 2005-12-29 at 02:50.

I can't see on card yet (cuz I haven't hooked to my pc or mac yet) but when I click info on my memory card, it says there is a folder on it already & I didn't put it there.

Anyone else have this folder/file(s) on their RSMMC without initiating a backup?

Thanks

The file is created by Windows. You can delete it.
It should also be noted, if you delete files from your 770 from your Windows computer, you will see a Recycle folder appear on your 770. If you really meant to delete the files, you can go ahead and delete that recycle folder too.

I would suggest deleting them using the 770 file browser utility.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
Originally Posted by erica
I can't see on card yet (cuz I haven't hooked to my pc or mac yet) but when I click info on my memory card, it says there is a folder on it already & I didn't put it there.
{just a joke} What a surprise! (pardon the spelling.)

Was there a question or some help involved?

I'm only this way on Wednesday. {just a joke}

ahhh you mean, did my reply offer any help?
probably not.....just random info in case anyone wondered if others had files on thier memory cards also (before adding any themselves).

By your reply though,,,I guess everyone has this folder on there straight outta the box.....
good to know

Originally Posted by Illuminator
The file is created by Windows. You can delete it.
It should also be noted, if you delete files from your 770 from your Windows computer, you will see a Recycle folder appear on your 770. If you really meant to delete the files, you can go ahead and delete that recycle folder too.

I would suggest deleting them using the 770 file browser utility.
Thanks Illuminator, good info to know.

Thank you also erica