Active Topics

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Motorola's new Android-base CLIQ has a lower res screen and longer battery life than the N900, but otherwise seems pretty similar. Anyone care to make a point-to-point comparison?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
the only similarity i see is the unified contacts, other than that its a standard android phone(which isnt a bad thing)

(Hmm, how come this gets moved to the Competitors sub-forum whereas the iPhone versus N900 thread stays in the N900 forum?)

The Following User Says Thank You to ralphb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
iPhone is no competition. Not even in the same class. Android isn't much closer, either.

And it is already featured on T-Mobile website
http://www.t-mobile.com/promotions/G...WT.mc_id=637m3

That means more eyes on it, hence more buyers.
This was fast - they demo the phone as well as T-mobile shows it.

MORE EYES - this is what the N900 needs.

From: http://developer.motorola.com/products/handsets/cliq/

Processor and memory
Processor Qualcomm MSM7201A
Processor Clock Speed 528 MHz
RAM 256 MB
Flash ROM 512 MB
User Storage Available (max) 256 MB
Memory Card Type FAT32
microSDHC, Class 6
Memory Card Size Supported (max) 32 GB

Display
Physical Resolution 320 x 480 (HVGA)
Number of Colors 64K - 262K
Pixel Density 160 dpi

I got excited for a moment... but processor and screen are meh...

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
hdwr kybrd shld b gud 4 txtg fst

Well...it's ok I guess, but obviously not aimed at serious users as much as those who want Social Skills. The CPU is still the same as the G1/Magic/Hero/. etc. 256mb RAM is alright but more than 512MB flash memory would've been a Good Thing. Not a significant upgrade over previous Android phones. If I were still looking to upgrade my G1 this wouldn't get me to do it.

The CLIQ and a lot of other phones coming out lately like the HTC Hero, Pre - and the N900 - pay an awful lot of attention to 'social networking'. Now, I don't tweet or Facebook but I'm not a hater to those who do. I do send a few messages, some emails, post on the web now and then when time allows. But jeez, doesn't anyone just talk to each other anymore? I mean, it IS still a good way to communicate...guess I'm gettin' old...

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2009-09-10 at 22:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Maybe you should have titled the thread N900 vs Motorola CLIQ ....
Well, actually I did. It was moved and retitled.

Originally Posted by ralphb View Post
(Hmm, how come this gets moved to the Competitors sub-forum whereas the iPhone versus N900 thread stays in the N900 forum?)

I saw the Cliq in some site and it looks interesting, I like the D-Pad and also the keyboard is nice, good looking... but this is just another Android device not much different than HTC series... iPhone is the iPhone, the device, the unique name, not a series of numbered devices, and it is the standard now. Everybody compares with iPhone, or self compares with iPhone, the most successful smartphone ever. On a rising trend. Unbeatable, even by devices with better hardware, like better camera, hardware keyboard, better resolution... because the iPhone is already history, there were many rock singers but only one Elvis... The iPhone is the unbeatable phone king... hard to de-tronate

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
iPhone is no competition. Not even in the same class. Android isn't much closer, either.
Yeah, I agree.. maybe Nokia can catch up with the iPhone when they realize step 5. Right now the iPhone is too far ahead.

But Android is still a viable target