Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Seeing several posts where users tell of the libgles1-sgx-img package as preventing an OTA firmware update. It shows as an incompatibility.

If this is true, does that mean that the libgles1-sgx-img package can't be installed onto N900 units running the latest firmware? If I'm not mistaken, several games/emulators require libgles1-sgx-img (pre-env's Need For Speed: Underground, Mupenplus64, tuxrace, etc...)

Can anyone who is running the new firmware confirm if libgles1-sgx-img is able to install anymore?

Last edited by cddiede; 2010-10-26 at 15:36.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I have reinstalled tuxrace after pr1.3 without problems, and I have the following in the package list:
~ $ dpkg -l | grep libgles
ii libgles1 0.20100611.6+0m5 OpenGL ES 1.1 SGX library, dummy package
ii libgles1-sgx-img 0.20100611.6+0m5 OpenGL ES 1.1 SGX library
ii libgles2-sgx-img 0.20100611.6+0m5 OpenGL ES 2.0 SGX library
~ $

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Have you installed manually with dpkg command or over application manager?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I used dpkg over xterm to reinstall tuxrace and n900fto.

The libgles1-sgx-img package blocks the OTA upgrade via the Application Manager, but I was able todo the upgrade via apt-get with no apparent problems. I ran apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, and apt-get install libgles1-sgx-img which actually ran the bulk of the update. App Manager and Settings->About Product say I'm running PR 1.3 and I'm having no problems as of yet (and can play Tuxrace, etc. fine).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glug For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glug View Post
The libgles1-sgx-img package blocks the OTA upgrade via the Application Manager, but I was able todo the upgrade via apt-get with no apparent problems. I ran apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, and apt-get install libgles1-sgx-img which actually ran the bulk of the update. App Manager and Settings->About Product say I'm running PR 1.3 and I'm having no problems as of yet (and can play Tuxrace, etc. fine).
same problem but when i tried apt-get libgles1-sgx-img it says that this is dependant on somethin else so i cant install this either..gettin sick of this ****!

id actually installed preenv before no problem but since flashing my phone and upgrading to 1.3 again it wont do it

Last edited by gizmo; 2010-11-16 at 18:21.