Active Topics

hey just wondering if there is any way/app to change the colour of the notification light to a different colour for different things??

cheers Brendan

You can edit the appropriate section in /etc/mce/mce.ini, but you would need to do this as root, and be VERY careful - messing up mce.ini can brick your device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
any chance that some one will build an app for doing this do u think

TrueJournals made the mcedit application for diablo, the best bet would be asking whether a version is planned for fremantle. I've not tried it out myself on one of the previous devices, but from what I can see you'd still need to write LED pattern strings yourself. It also looks like it's still quite an early test - he's numbered the version 0.0.7-1

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
I changed the notification light for MS and Calls o red, as I am always getting Mails (blue) and want to be able to distinct them.

Thanks again for the tip, codeMonkey.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
How did you change it to red...would you mind posting this...as I have an N810 and the same issue. Would love to have it set for red for calls, blue for email, and green for IMs using Pidgin and the LED plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
How did you change it to red...would you mind posting this...as I have an N810 and the same issue. Would love to have it set for red for calls, blue for email, and green for IMs using Pidgin and the LED plugin.
or other im plugins

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
As codeMonkey said, I edited /etc/mce/mce.ini. It is pretty much self explainatory, for the N900 you edit the lines 447 and 449, change 'b' for blue to 'r' for red:

Code:
PatternCommunicationCall=30;1;0;r;9d80400002ff03ff02ff03ff71080000;9d800000
PatternCommunicationSMS=30;1;0;r;9d80400002ff03ff02ff03ff71080000;9d800000
There are also several other controllers listed. Still I do not know, if this helps you with the N810 and Pidgin, probably not.

Best regards,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Last edited by Corwin; 2009-12-22 at 13:12. Reason: Typos (shame)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corwin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
n00b question here, as this is my first maemo device:
how can i edit the mce.ini file?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Here is a screenshot of my ini file....I dont see anywhere simply change "r" "g" or "b" any ideas?
Attached Images