Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Also the python applets need a sort of python-desktop bindings. Search the forum.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by wirefree View Post
UPDATE: The famous "Other Maemo Weather" applet does not even install. The following error is generated:

"Unable to install omweather. Incompatible application package."

The above is despite of the applet being listed on the N810 OS2008 page.
This problem has been fixed. Try again.

Vlad.

Originally Posted by wirefree View Post
Could you please ellaborate on your recommendation.

The 'Extras' menu simply lists installed application.
The extras repository, in Application Manager.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-05-15 at 19:52. Reason: Added quote...

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
The extras repository, in Application Manager.
I remain stuck

This is as far as I got:

- Open Application Manager
- Open "Browse installable applications"
- Open 'Extra'
- There exists "personal-menu" listed here

Could you pls ellaborate or else direct me to a tutorial link.

Wud appreciate it.

In Application Manager, go through the menu to find Application Catalog, or something like that. Make sure the extras repository is present and enabled (I think in a cleanly-flashed tablet, it is present, but not enabled...)

@Benson: Extra repository is indeed present, as mentioned in my last post, but it only contains personal-menu, as mentioned earlier.

@qwerty12: The thread titled "HomeIP, HomeCPUSpeed, and HomeDiskFree" proposes a solution. But some pieces of the puzzle are missing:

1) The threads author, Khertan, mentions in post 41 that all "is fixed and should install straight forward without need to add an other package." By "other package" I assume he's referring to python-hildondesktop!?

But as you can see, I cannot run these still. So I am still following the thread's solution, which is as follows:

2) It is suggested to install python2.5-hildondesktop from extras-devel. But:
a) N810's App Manager contains Extra & Devel as two separate repositories and neither contain python2.5-hildondesktop
b) In 'All', however, there is "python-launcher" & "python2.5-edje-demo". Should I install one of these to get the applets to run?

Look forward to advise.

Your last post did not mention that the extras repository was present; that's a category, and it's only by confusing accident that they have the same name.

You need to go into the menu, choose Tools, choose Application catalog..., and make sure you have a repository (probably named "maemo Extras") with the web address http://repository.maemo.org/extras, and components free and non-free. (And enabled.)

Maybe you already did that, but your last post referred to something else, and you say "as mentioned in my last post", I can't help but think you still haven't quite got it right.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
You need to go into the menu, choose Tools, choose Application catalog..., and make sure you have a repository (probably named "maemo Extras") with the web address http://repository.maemo.org/extras, and components free and non-free. (And enabled.)
Appreciate the prompt response.

There existed no checkmark for 'Disabled' in 'maemo Extras' under Application Manager>Menu>Tools>Application catalogue...>maemo Extras

Please suggest the next step.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Then you should have these applications listed (HomeSomething ones and OMWeather) in your "Browse installable applications -> All" list.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Then you should have these applications listed (HomeSomething ones and OMWeather) in your "Browse installable applications -> All" list.
The "home" ones listed under 'All' are not the ones I referred to above, namely:

- homememfree 0.0.6
- homenetstats 0.0.6
- homeip 0.0.6
- homecpuspeed 0.0.6

Instead, the following appear:

- homediskfree
- homeinternaltemp
- homelightmeter
- homewifilevel