Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
FRAKK!!!
Had to reinstall all level packs and lost all my 3 star scores and all golden eggs.

Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
It's not the PR1.3 fault but Rovio's, what's the point of placing the save files in /var/ instead of ~/ ?
They could at least tell backup about that path.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Who cares about highscore ? It's just a game...

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
Yeah, my scores were completely reset too. Now I have to start over again. Frustrating. Especially after I paid $1 for the extra levels.

It's not the PR1.3 fault but Rovio's, what's the point of placing the save files in /var/ instead of ~/ ?
Because as I explained this earlier (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=800593) , as far as I, and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard, know /var/opt/ *is* the right place for placing variable data for packages in /opt/ hierarchy.

I was pointed out the osso_backup registeration which I have implemented already and will come out in the next update. But guess what, I still lost my progress when updating to PR1.3 using Ovi Suite. Apparently it doesn't know anything about osso backup...

I'd love to make the situation better some how but I don't know any proper solutions for this. I even lost all device settings when updating through Ovi Suite even though it stated that it will backup them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Miika, you most likely have more access than most of us here to someone from Nokia that should know about this to fix it. Start kicking some a**

Last edited by H3llb0und; 2010-10-27 at 05:20.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
this I have asked myself 3 times after I've flushed one savegame with every level @ 3 stars, and couple with multiple dozen 3 stars. I always remember this after reflashing
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yet another thing that should be researched fully, to ensure that you get maximum enjoyment from the n900...

More time researching! Less time of actual enjoyment!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Can't we just make a simple symlink pointing in the users folder in the meantime?

So we know what the problem is and we know where the game files are stored...

Question is, how would you restore the permissions after restoring the files from /var/opt/rovio/angrybirds?

I'm fine with using xterm, I just don't know enough linux to know what to do!

Many thanks