Poll: Do you miss your old phone???
Poll Options
Do you miss your old phone???

i come from a nokia E61, i do miss some things that were very easy and convenient to use, and i have somewhat lost now with the n900.

- very accessible and sorted by date notes (still looking for an app that will sort my txt files by modified date, so i can keep using and updating my old notes)
- imap idle for gmail
- native google maps app with latitude
- opera mini was great
- gmail java app was good for some things
- great battery life
- log application was awesome
- to do list in calendar app

and some things i'm sure i'm forgetting. I'm having a hard time waiting for the same level of functionality, and many things i'm sure won't get (google apps are unlikely, for example, i think..), i might end up buying a E72...

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Nope I don't miss it...but then I'm not a big phone user, so the possible short-comings of the N900 telephony don't bother me. I was more looking for a "pocketable computer (that runs Linux) " with phone abilities than the other way around, so I'm happy

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
I love my N900. I had an iphone and now my iphone is missing me ... Poor thing. He was nice but nothing compared to my N900.
Now I feel guilty forgetting my old iphone :-(

I miss having access to my sling box, via my 900, but I still have my Motorola Q for that. However I'll grudgingly accept that loss for the better browsing experience vs. the fewer times I'd watch TV while I'm "out".

I don't miss my Droid, as the 900 has better reception in the areas I frequent, on both carriers that I use.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Previously I used my Qtek 8310 (same as HTC Tornado), loved the phone, not the OS (wm5) but the d-pad became broken so using was very impracticle. Replaced it with the N900

I miss every phone I've had. I'm too sentimental.

I miss the size, weight and relative "disposability" of my 5800XM
I miss Ovi Maps 3, which starts up and has a GPS fix in < 10 secs, and got me from Dorset to London and back today, turn-by-turn.
I miss its sound quality - I did a side by side comparison last night, and the N900 sounds just awful, with no bass.
I miss its reliability - my N900 wouldn't boot this morning, and needed a hard re-flash. no idea why.
I miss the screen quality - just way 'nicer' (indoors), and side by side the 5800 really shows up the N900's yellowy cast. Of course the N900's transflective screen excels outdoors.
Miss hardware buttons, easy one-handed use and 'standard' power connection.

That's about it, though. the S60 UI made me want to stamp the 5800 into the ground on a regular basis.
I love the N900, and it has a very exciting future.
Insanely, I was glad when I got my first (minor) screen scratch because it put an end to my debating about selling it and going back to the 5800. Now I feel I can stop treating it like a baby, and start using it as a workaday tool.

I had a N82. Good phone. i still have it in my briefcase with a prepay card in case I lose the N900 or in case I need to snap a photo in the dark. This is probably the only thing I am missing from it. The xenon flash.

I came from a N95 that i lost a few weeks ago
Some things I'm missing :
-Garmin Mobile XT
-dailymobile.tv
-Ngage (The One,Creatures of the deep, Bounce and all the other great games on this great platform)
-Dual Slider

But im really happy with my n900.

Last edited by NokiaRocks; 2010-01-21 at 21:30.

Originally Posted by nintendogs View Post
- very accessible and sorted by date notes (still looking for an app that will sort my txt files by modified date, so i can keep using and updating my old notes)
Use kate from easy debian, if the keyboard problems are fixed already. The KDE file picker will let you sort by date, and kate will even remember what "tabs" you have open.