Notices

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
Did this app always have speed contacts for the desktop?
Yes, yes it did.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
Did this app always have speed contacts for the desktop?
Yes...

But at some point they forced them to use the larger image/avatar view rather then list view. I really wish they made that an option like it is in the contacts app. IMO it's far too chunky otherwise. There is even a bug report about it.

For chat, is there a way to customize the contact list? maybe show only online users and to have the contacts be smaller so we can fit more to a page?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Yes...

But at some point they forced them to use the larger image/avatar view rather then list view. I really wish they made that an option like it is in the contacts app. IMO it's far too chunky otherwise. There is even a bug report about it.
If you set the contacts app to use list view, the applet uses it too, from what I remember.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
If you set the contacts app to use list view, the applet uses it too, from what I remember.
This never worked for me.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I'm afraid not, but I'm hopeful every release.

Maybe everyone can comment on issues like this one in bugzilla:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2288

everything works fine after the install. logging into msn is fine. only problem is i can't initiate a chat session with any of my msn contacts, but if they initiate the chat, i can reply no problem. is this a known bug?

can we make video conference with it on msn?

Not sure if this was asked and answered already (or even an issue for anyone else) but I'm having difficulties getting my contacts to show up after the install. The google talk worked fine (before and after) but getting AIM contacts to download from the server seems to be the biggest headache. I don't know if running the software on the pc and tablet might be causing the screw up, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for google talk. Anyone else have a problem getting contacts to load automatically?

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
All the buddies show up no problem for me. The problem that I'm having is that they show up twice or three times per person per state. In the chat screen one person will take up much of the screen and they are ALL the aim address.

Tags
instant messaging, rtcomm