Notices

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
I´ve run this benchmark for each browser I´ve installed on my N900. Here are the scores:

MircoB
14352 (with flash)
13592 (without flash)

Firefox 1.1
0 (with flash, I had canceled the test, because it doesn´t load the flash test)
23295 (without flash)

Opera 10
21145 (without flash, not supported)

so Firefox is the fastest browser... but the flash support ist quite bad

The Following User Says Thank You to DonPIZI For This Useful Post:
Firefox 1.0 is in the repositories for the N800, but not 1.1. Any one know if 1.1 will install on the N800, or is it only compiled for Freemantle?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
something i dont understand, since flash is a plug in (on pc...),why cant we install the latest flash as a plugin on FF1.1???

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philly
I have noticed that performance is much better with Sync extension disabled. I am currently keeping it disabled and only enable it once or twice a day to sync with my desktop.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
Really? I am using the "Finnish" keyboard and it's working great... I would think they are the same! We even have the letter "å".

Do you have white arrows left and right or do you have to press the "blue button" to get them? One caveat is that you can't see that you've selected the beginning of a line. Just press the first letter (or immediately left of it) that you want to select - then you just start pressing shift-arrow-right to copy characters.

Jag är dessutom svenskspråkig själv...
It works, I'm the one who was stupid

Tackar!

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post

so Firefox is the fastest browser... but the flash support ist quite bad
Install the Flash Enabler add-on. It ran a few Flash tests but then bombed. Plays YouTube videos smoothly, though. I finally deleted the MicroB shortcut on my desktop.

In the app manager where you can uninstall apps on the n900 theres a app called mozilla runtime, is this used by microb or just firefox? and can i uninstall it since I already unistalled firefox?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by StOoZ View Post
something i dont understand, since flash is a plug in (on pc...),why cant we install the latest flash as a plugin on FF1.1???
Because the Flash plugin needs to be specific for the OS (eg windows/linux) and the cpu architecture (ie intel x86/arm).

1.1RC1 is blazing fast for me on the N810... I got it via this blog post: http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/20...aemo-1-1-rc-1/

It's faster than the 2.0beta that I had been using and all the 1.0 plugins work! I also did not have to tweak it AT ALL; e.g., increasing the memory to 8gb. Very close to microB speeds. I will gladly trade off a bit of speed for greater compatibility.

And again, for you peeps wanting a better gmail experience on this browser, use the microB link. For the n810 it is https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1&ui=1&ov=0

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Darn it. I wanted to like this, but longer testing has shown it's just a tad too slow and sluggish for me. I found myself dragging the page a lot without anything moving because the system was so busy. Doesn't happen in Microb after overclocking - at least not very often.

I absolutely love the ff interface, but it's back to Microb again. Speed trumps almost everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaysire For This Useful Post:

Tags
fennec, firefox