Closed Thread
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ India
guys i don't know how to take screenshot in portrait mode..someone please help me..

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
wow, installed the desktop portrait mod, and really really impressed.
very very nice, really great to see the capabilities of the device still being expanded.
I almost missed it as well, buried in all the chatter on this thread.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I found a bug in this portrait mode.

If you opened applications and did not go full screen (browser) then lock your device and unlocking it, the current window that you left before locking minimised to the background.

When playing video and plug to tv, you left it for a while and it turned off the screen, unlocking the device will minimise the video and stopped it from playing.

If you left the device in multitasking mode and lock then unlock it, you'll see that you're back to homescreen.

But if you're in portrait mode, you locked the device and unlocking it everything still the same.

A weird bug..

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2011-07-15 at 12:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
If lock with the power button then unlock with the slider button then even in fullscreen mode will be exited and minimised back to home screen.

But when locking with the slider and unlock with power button, the full screen browser stays the same.

This also apply to portrait mode as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
the lockscreen doesnt rotate anymore into portrait.

if you lock device in landscape it will rotate between orientations, if you lock it in portrait its locked in landscape.......

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
Originally Posted by Electricgod View Post
guys i don't know how to take screenshot in portrait mode..someone please help me..
you have to slide-out the keyboard only until you can reach the ctrl and the p button! Just before it makes click

btw, would it be possible to make it "visible" that a screenshot was sucessfully taken? Something like a small vibration would be nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to bitrocky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by jhepburn View Post
Portrait works smoothly and well for me, with one problem:

I use multiple editions of homescreen-dockbar, and none of them remember their set positions. I can move them, click out of the setup mode, and they will all move. All other widgets or shortcuts remain where they are put.

When reverting back to landscape, I have the same problem - all instances of homescreen-dockbar have moved, and can not be placed at will.

agreed , this happens to me also on multiple desktops . homescreen dockbar doesnt work correctly in landscape or portrait. everything else good though so guess hdb may have to go for now.

I installed MohammedAG's enhanced lockscreen since it supports rotation to solve lockscreen issues

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I've rewritten the control-panel display applet to fit in portrait mode
You can try it from here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12134784/CSS....0.1_armel.deb

Now I will work in the rest of applets

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Forgive my ignorance but what is the control-panel-display applet?

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade