Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
http://www.maemo-guru.com/2009/11/df...n-november-25/

After a few unexpected delays, we have finally set a time and date for the DFW Nokia N900 Meetup! If you’ve never been to a meetup, it’s just a gathering of sorts of nerds like us, talking about and obsessing over our favorite gadgets. This meetup will be focused around the Nokia N900, and we’ll have at least 2 of them on hand, perhaps more (still working on that). It’s free to attend, but I do need to get a count of how many to expect, so an RSVP is required.

The DFW Nokia N900 Meetup will take place on Wednesday, November 25, at 630pm, and go until 830pm (though you’re welcome to stay later). I realize this is Thanksgiving Eve, but it was the only time that worked, so hopefully you can make it. We’ll be gathering at Champps in Las Colinas, located at 855 West John W. Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75039. A big thanks goes out to Nokia WOM World, who is helping out by providing appetizers and munchies for us. Drinks are on you.

If you’re in the area, please come by to check out the Nokia N900. We’ll have access to an HDTV that we can test the TV-out functionality on, and there should be WiFi in the restaurant, as well.

Please click here to RSVP: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4887...staurant/?ps=7

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Ouch, being on a weekday, I'm not sure if I'd make it before you even finished for the day with having to drive up from Austin.

Yeah, I realize the weekday is a bit off, though the next day is Thanksgiving, and most businesses will be closed, so it's *kinda* like a weekend.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I'll be there...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
Yeah, I realize the weekday is a bit off, though the next day is Thanksgiving, and most businesses will be closed, so it's *kinda* like a weekend.
Unfortunately not for my work, we only get Thursday and Friday off. I do have a couple use-or-lose vacation days that I'm thinking of using one for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
ill try to attend. I'm coming back from houston but if I can, will definately come!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Bumpage!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern DFW
:/ Wednesdays are terrible for me, but I'll swing down that way if I can. If not I'll be with y'all in spirit.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiiv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas
I might be getting back in town just in time. Hopefully I can attend.

Last edited by jontalbain; 2009-11-24 at 08:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to jontalbain For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the bump, Texrat!

If you guys can't make it, don't feel bad - we may try to get something together again after the holidays, maybe on a weekend or something. But definitely try to make this one.

Tags
maemo, meetup, n900