Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
misterc's Avatar
Posts: 1,625 | Thanked: 997 times | Joined on Aug 2010
#21
Originally Posted by knoxy420 View Post
Hey all, just an update on my mysterious/miraculous n900 improvement.

The previous issues were not battery dependent. i can use either of my batteries and get 12+ hours of usage (vs 3-4 hours battery previously). so something in the phone's hardware "cured" itself. I can also now over clock up to 1000MHz and it stays stable. Previously, if I went over 850MHz it would reboot immediately.

I really wish I knew what happened for this improvement.
not an hardware expert by any means but i remember reading somewhere that Smartreflex shouldn't be used with freqencies above 850MHz
is it (was it?) turned on for you?
__________________
information is a necessary though no sufficient condition to rationality...
 
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ NH, USA
#22
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
not an hardware expert by any means but i remember reading somewhere that Smartreflex shouldn't be used with freqencies above 850MHz
is it (was it?) turned on for you?
Smartreflex is, and was, always turned on. Maybe I'll poke at that after I reflash my n900 for other reasons...
 
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ NH, USA
#23
Originally Posted by knoxy420 View Post
Smartreflex is, and was, always turned on. Maybe I'll poke at that after I reflash my n900 for other reasons...
So, just did complete a reflash. Went to DMO & grabbed FAM. Installed power kernel & tools, qcpufreq, & conky.

Cranked the cpu up to 1150, left Smartreflex off. Started installing stuff and checked conky to see it actually hitting full speed. Seems stable so far.

Sweet!
 
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
#24
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
not an hardware expert by any means but i remember reading somewhere that Smartreflex shouldn't be used with freqencies above 850MHz
is it (was it?) turned on for you?
The newest kernel-power kernels support SR up to 900MHz, which already consumes quite a lot of power in itself.

Originally Posted by knoxy420 View Post
So, just did complete a reflash. Went to DMO & grabbed FAM. Installed power kernel & tools, qcpufreq, & conky.

Cranked the cpu up to 1150, left Smartreflex off. Started installing stuff and checked conky to see it actually hitting full speed. Seems stable so far.

Sweet!
This'll burn through your battery pretty quickly if you're running high-load apps/browsing all the time.

Not to mention the fact that the SoC has a severely reduced guaranteed operational lifespan at this speed.
__________________
N9 PR 1.3 Open Mode + kernel-plus for Harmattan
@kenweknot, working on Glacier for Nemo.
 
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ NH, USA
#25
Yeah, Just wanted to see if it would go there. I scaled it back to 900Mhz. Good to know I can use smartreflex at that speed. I usually get ~24hr now with my usage.
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:15.