Active Topics

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Is it just me or Nokia Drive / Maps are broken? I don't normally use these Apps as I hardly get lost, but today had to go to some area for the first time to meet a client, hence I ended up using Nokia Drive, first of all it couldn't get a lock on my position, then I searched for the Destination and got a Lock hustle free, then pressed "Drive To", then all hell broke loose, the pointer kept jumping around, the streets kept rotating, sometimes it showed me moving in wrong streets. My friend uses Galaxy Note, we use it all the time with none of these problems. As if it wasn't enough, it drank my battery from 40% to 3% withing 10min of fiddling with it, the damn phone went straight to Battery Low and activated PSM. Nice hey??

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-07-31 at 13:16.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
if your phone went to 3%...just give it a reboot and some percentage will be recovered to around 15-20%...

Edit: also i use drive quite a lot but never experienced such a huge battery drain...i get my battery from 96% - 50% after around 2hrs of navigation...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Have you activated network positioning to help you get a signal lock? Also try changing the server the above mentioned uses from Nokia's to Google's, that's helped for me. There is an option in the N9tweak application to do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have lumia 800 and n9. lumia 800 always locks while N9 takes forever to lock and then doesnt maintain location. Very frustrating. I hope jollamobile folks learn from this when they make a new device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I have lumia 800 and n9. lumia 800 always locks while N9 takes forever to lock and then doesnt maintain location. Very frustrating. I hope jollamobile folks learn from this when they make a new device.
Exactly my point, if it does lock, it remains there for a couple of seconds and then gets lost, and my Mobile Data Connection is on too.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Mine does the same thing.. Will work fine for a few mins the either hops all over the place or shows me going the wrong way down a street etc... Quite frustrating especially if you're in a unfamiliar city..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2