Active Topics

Notices

tried copying it to my wine installation on my Eee. crashes firefox on loading. removed it and it loaded and said a plugin was installed. I will endevour to get this working so i can test out a few theories.

worst case i'll have to install it one day in the week when i get back to pc. wondering how much functionality differences there are between the mockup and the plugin. If its just hardware interaction, maybe it'd be worth reimplementing the plugin.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
The plugin will be available again soon. Seems they are doing some updates or something. I got a response from them to check out this link

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/ovi-m...vi-maps-online

been out and about all day but did manage to make some progress last night in a few minutes i had to kill. managed to get the files you supplied to install correctly in Firefox 3.6.13 running under Wine on Ubuntu.

Previously i just had a black screen with a white square and an application loading message. now i get a grey background, with the square and loading message, but after a few seconds it displays a german street map in the background. will try on vista machine tomorrow hopefully.

on a side note, i did notice the other day references in the maps.ovi.com site to a plugin, checking for version 5.xx. not sure if it was maps plugin or what. source is a lot different.

Blaizzen:

Finally managed to crack on. Plugin worked first time on Vista machine.

I'm trying to put together some code to enable GuidanceMockUp to provide route simulation. In the code we have two simulators, S60SimulatorPositionProvide and FfSimulatorPositionProvider. It checks for browser.S60 and creates as necessary. I was thinking along the lines of adding a button that appears after a route has been calculated that allows a simulation of the route to be played. I thought this may be beneficial for testing when attempting to add voice navigation. As of yet I've not coded anything other than remove the statement which checks to see if GuidanceMockup can provide guidance.

Here's what I've looked into so far:

The following code is called to signal a route being calculated successfully.
Code:
this.fireEvent(new nokia.aduno.utils.Event(RoutingModel.EVENT_ROUTE_CALCULATION_DONE, eventData));
This in turn calls is dispatched to a number of event handlers, with the route created being eventData. Looking into one such event handler in RoutingModel, you can follow the code to a call to applyRouteCalculationResult, which in turn iterates over all of the maneuvers in the route.

Looking in Maneuver:GetDescription, it is possible to see how the guidance messages are constructed using the different members stored in the object. This should enable the creation of some basic voice commands by stringing together several sound files, same as S60 version does if I recall correctly.

Could we therefore create a new class, say VoiceNav, that registers a new handler to listen for route completion, change etc. We could store a pointer? to the route and then parse the Maneuvers as needed for each instruction. There are a series of events in GuidanceModel:

Code:
    GuidanceModel.EVENT_GUIDANCE_STARTED = "guidanceStarted";
    GuidanceModel.EVENT_GUIDANCE_STOPPED = "guidanceStopped";
    GuidanceModel.EVENT_GUIDANCE_DONE = "guidanceDone";
    GuidanceModel.EVENT_ON_NEXT_MANEUVER_CHANGED = "guidanceOnManeuver";
If these are also generated by the plugin we could listen to these to start/stop the voice commands. Unfortunately the last one isn't implemented in the current index.html anywhere. I've not checked if its called on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

just got my N900 this morning, reading this thread was the straw on my walltes back :-) Will try your mods there asap. Tried to get things running on a WinXP Machine the other day, using Firefox and the plugin - only got the loading screen. So lets see how things work in real life...

Thanks for the initiative.

Joerg

I had some issues, as stated above getting the plugin to work...probably coz I wasn't running windows

As blaizzen stated, you really need to "beautify" the code a bit to make it readable. I used https://github.com/rhoney/jsBeautifier.net click Downloads, DL as a zip, extract and run. I got warnings that script was not responding, just tell it not to stop.

I'm currently reinstalling Windows. Lots of left over files from old apps, slow down etc. etc. so I've not been able to look further into the bits I mentioned above. I really need to hook up some code to check whether certain functions are executed on the N900.

Hi,

I am trying to get the files working on my xp machine (usually I would use ubuntu). Copied the plugin to the right place (firefox recognizes it), copied the /usr/share/nokia-maps files to the xp machine, and open the index.html. I get a 'Programm wird geladen' (program gets loaded) message on a grey box (the rest of the page is black), then the grey gets replaced by a map snippet from Berlin, but is still somewhat faded out. The original message stays, nothing happens. Any ideas how to see more action? - would be great if I could develop on the xp machine.

UPDATE
the problem seems to come from line 14632 of the index.html in the html.zip at http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...2&d=1292328434

Code:
14630 createIconFromUrl: function (aUrl, aCallback) {
14631   var plugin = this._getPlugin();
14632   plugin.createIconFromUrl(aUrl, aCallback)
14633 },
if called manually in firebug:

Code:
>>> aUrl
"pfw/images/icons/maneuver.png"
>>> plugin.createIconFromUrl(aUrl, aCallback)
"request blocked: requested file is outside the requesting page folder"
/UPDATE

Cheers, and a happy new year!

Joerg

Last edited by jhb; 2011-01-01 at 15:59.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by jhb View Post
UPDATE
the problem seems to come from line 14632 of the index.html in the html.zip at http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...2&d=1292328434

Code:
14630 createIconFromUrl: function (aUrl, aCallback) {
14631   var plugin = this._getPlugin();
14632   plugin.createIconFromUrl(aUrl, aCallback)
14633 },
if called manually in firebug:

Code:
>>> aUrl
"pfw/images/icons/maneuver.png"
>>> plugin.createIconFromUrl(aUrl, aCallback)
"request blocked: requested file is outside the requesting page folder"
/UPDATE

Cheers, and a happy new year!

Joerg
Did you allow firefox to run scripts on your computer (or however that prompt is phrased). When I run the file it asks to have access, denying it might cause the error.

Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Did you allow firefox to run scripts on your computer (or however that prompt is phrased). When I run the file it asks to have access, denying it might cause the error.
I allowed running the scripts.

Has anyone got the thing working on winxp so far? Maybe its some issue with xp/vista/win7 and the plugin?

Cheers,

Joerg

Quick update: I have the maps now (somewhat running) on my xp. Had to disable the call to createIconFromUrl. I still get the "request blocked: requested file is outside the requesting page folder" on other occasions though. Will document my process on http://baach.de/Members/jhb/voice-na...i-maps-on-n900 in the meantime.

Joerg

The Following User Says Thank You to jhb For This Useful Post: