Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Seems to be a nice program, it has a lot of features and quite a nice UI. I have a few suggestions though:

1. When you search for something on a users channel it would be nice if the program searched that users videos
2. A small in-program help would be nice, the program can be a bit difficult to use at first
3. I might be wrong but did you recyckle some UI parts from the original CuteTube or do they just look similiar? If you did, you should consider giving Marxian credit for those

These are small problems though so good work khuong!

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
here are some screen shots!!!!!!
Attached Images

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Seems to be a nice program, it has a lot of features and quite a nice UI. I have a few suggestions though:

1. When you search for something on a users channel it would be nice if the program searched that users videos
2. A small in-program help would be nice, the program can be a bit difficult to use at first
3. I might be wrong but did you recyckle some UI parts from the original CuteTube or do they just look similiar? If you did, you should consider giving Marxian credit for those

These are small problems though so good work khuong!
The code is completely from scratch, and it's in c++.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
hello, really apreciate the app, and knowing that there are still people willing to develop for this wonderful device.
trying to make a contribution myself: you said that this app was develloped specially for n900 integration, but in my device the video descriptions appear inside a white box; i dont think its from my theme, and the white boxes in maemo are suposed to be filled by the user, so this is not a maemo standard graphic option.
thank u again for the app.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
hello, really apreciate the app, and knowing that there are still people willing to develop for this wonderful device.
trying to make a contribution myself: you said that this app was develloped specially for n900 integration, but in my device the video descriptions appear inside a white box; i dont think its from my theme, and the white boxes in maemo are suposed to be filled by the user, so this is not a maemo standard graphic option.
thank u again for the app.
What?...That was a label description with white background, you must be confused with white input box. It's nothing non standard about using white background in maemo, microb browser has background in white. Though the label look like a large input box but I am sure people can tell the different, especially people using n900, they normal don't need instruction to use the app.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
my intention was really not to disturbe you, just an opinion in order to perhaps improve this app tha i am really liking so far...of course people undrestand the puropose of the box...if i use a set of icons in desktop and add one completly out of context (color, shape) people are stil press on it and expect ssome app to open...but it doesnt look too good..i am not a coder but when i see a white box in maemo i imediatly think its for me to write something on it...for example, when i play a video in yor app a set of suggested videos appear in the right, with a description much more maemo like.
in spite of all that, great app so far, congrats

Khuong, thanks man. This app is awesome. Why didn't you get an N950 anyway? You certainly deserve one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Thanks for the awesome app. Just one issue - If I click on "Downloaded" to play local videos, it shows a banner on top saying 7 videos found and then I get an access restricted error. I did change the location of download folder if that makes any difference.

Excellent app. Fluid, loads quick, very well laid out. Bravo.

Bug though- videos not available for mobile crash it. At least it did so for me when going through my favorites. I'll submit a real bug tomorrow if I get around to it.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
It's amazing.

big thank you from Athens!