Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
In my opinion, the storm was uncalled for. And I cannot imagine them changing business plans because of three people being unkind on twitter. Either it already was on their schedule and we'll see it when it's ready - or not.
Not at all, as for the battery, my device battery capacity is heavily going down, and I will need one really soon.
Also, using my device as I do, I cant have it charged for a full day, which disables that I can use it as a main device.
Also, when the battery dies completely, you may not be able to charge it again, I had to purchase and external charger from China to charge the battery directly.
My concerns are vaild, and should be adressed, as for the storm. Maybe it is not necessary for the case of the battery, but it is helpful in showing Jolla that attention is requested.
They COULD help themself by responding BEFORE the storm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
My concerns are vaild, and should be adressed, as for the storm. Maybe it is not necessary for the case of the battery, but it is helpful in showing Jolla that attention is requested.
They COULD help themself by responding BEFORE the storm.
Yes, the question as such is valid, was first asked in December 2013 and has been answered by Jolla representatives several times since then. From Dec. 2013 they had a very clear communication, saying that parts such as batteries will be available from the store as soon as they can provide them, but they don't know when that will be.

I'd rather have them work on the solutions than entertaining a bunch of people who never will be content, no matter what Jolla says or does. Haters gonna hate, right? (Following twitter, it's always the same three or four accounts who are destructive towards the community. I'd very much prefer Jolla's employees and managers not to waste their time on those.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Yes, the question as such is valid, was first asked in December 2013 and has been answered by Jolla representatives several times since then. From Dec. 2013 they had a very clear communication, saying that parts such as batteries will be available from the store as soon as they can provide them, but they don't know when that will be.

I'd rather have them work on the solutions than entertaining a bunch of people who never will be content, no matter what Jolla says or does. Haters gonna hate, right? (Following twitter, it's always the same three or four accounts who are destructive towards the community. I'd very much prefer Jolla's employees and managers not to waste their time on those.)
I could think you work at Jolla

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I rest my case

Everything will be soon - Silica components open, spare batteries, paid apps in Jolla Store... what else was promised long time ago and still not available?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Never in my life with smartphones have I actually used replacement batteries. It's good to know a battery can be changed if I need to do it, but in the end I always replaced the phone before I used the spare battery I bought with it (in the early years).

I assume 99.99% of the consumers don't see any use for a replacement battery nowadays.
This is truth for usually ocean of near-of-**** today's smartphones.
But in case, when you have expensive special (unlike) phone and have not moneys for next expensive model .. or that not exist - only new battery is solution ..

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
If you want a spare battery - just buy another Jolla phone. That is the temporary solution for the problem currently not requiring sending the whole phone to Finland.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I could think you work at Jolla
At least part of your assumption is true: I work. I'm used to making decisions based on budgets, customer satisfaction, technical feasibility, employees available for the job etc. etc.

Business isn't about delivering everything to everybody in no time. Business is about budgets, priorities, cost, troubles with suppliers and distributors, legal issues and so on.

In my job, I set priorities that will make 2% of our customers leave our company... because I know that there is never enough money to keep 100% of them happy and I prefer keeping 98% rather than 2%. I have to deal with situations in which a vital system breaks down at the most crucial time of a sales campaign, trying to keep the business going with just anything available - including pen and paper for hundreds of thousands of orders.

I am used to things not working as they should, to missed timelines, promises not kept, and so forth. That's business. That's life. That's normal. Not being able to deal with it means, basically, not being able to deal with life as it is.

Maybe it's this experience that makes me stay calm when a software feature isn't implemented perfectly, when the other half of my dreams isn't available from the Jolla Store or when there's still no spare battery to buy. I just assume they do their best and that they have a sane list of priorities. In the meantime, I enjoy my Jolla phone which has been my main phone for months now. Because: None of the minor issues above makes it a bad phone or unusable, as some write.

As for the accounts on twitter I mentioned in a post above - I wonder what their daytime jobs are. I wonder if they have jobs at all... and how they'd react if I were one of their customers and use the same foul language and ad hominem attacks in public.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
At least part of your assumption is true: I work. I'm used to making decisions based on budgets, customer satisfaction, technical feasibility, employees available for the job etc. etc.
And your company is doing well ?

Business isn't about delivering everything to everybody in no time. Business is about budgets, priorities, cost, troubles with suppliers and distributors, legal issues and so on.
It is degfinately not about no communications, believe me, if any, tat will p... of your clients

In my job, I set priorities that will make 2% of our customers leave our company... because I know that there is never enough money to keep 100% of them happy and I prefer keeping 98% rather than 2%.
All business knows they will loose a certain amount, what is acceptable ? differs!, but no healthy business will like loosing clients

[QUOTE]I have to deal with situations in which a vital system breaks down at the most crucial time of a sales campaign, trying to keep the business going with just anything available - including pen and paper for hundreds of thousands of orders.

I am used to things not working as they should, to missed timelines, promises not kept, and so forth. That's business. That's life.
Unfortunately, true

That's normal. Not being able to deal with it means, basically, not being able to deal with life as it is.

Maybe it's this experience that makes me stay calm when a software feature isn't implemented perfectly, when the other half of my dreams isn't available from the Jolla Store or when there's still no spare battery to buy. I just assume they do their best and that they have a sane list of priorities. In the meantime, I enjoy my Jolla phone which has been my main phone for months now. Because: None of the minor issues above makes it a bad phone or unusable, as some write.
Decisions have consequences. Delibarete decisions have serious consequences

As for the accounts on twitter I mentioned in a post above - I wonder what their daytime jobs are. I wonder if they have jobs at all... and how they'd react if I were one of their customers and use the same foul language and ad hominem attacks in public.
Oh yes, I do, and I have to deal with much worse problems than these. Maybe thats why I have the energy to try to be 'unlike'

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Maybe it's this experience that makes me stay calm when a software feature isn't implemented perfectly,
But your business experience? Each calm-wait have own end.
How long you stay calm and wait for implementing? One year? .. or two?!?
SORRY, business not wait for anything/anybody. "Do it in-time" or "go away"... Main is "in time". Before lost developers/users. And this is Jolla problem. After 8 months after launch have not solved many problems (APIs, libs, payapps, bugtracker, ..). We see only "We thinking about it".. Developers are sick and tired.

Other companies will send this company to mess heap in past. And this is sad and I do'nt want it !!
I do not like to watch how Jolla committing suicide.

PS: I was always wrote my critics as alarmed stimulus, not simply hate. Maybe after months my criticism is a little bigger..

Sorry for my ugly "english" ..

Last edited by Kaacz; 2014-09-09 at 09:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, jolla, jolla phone