Active Topics

Notices

waze not work

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
the freeze that occurs in bad connectivity condition is known. i am currrntly working on somefixes to the network layer that might affect it for good, but to be fully fixed it requires a much larger fix which i plan to do as part of the ui rewrite.
it takes a lot of time and as it seems, the next release (network fixes only) won't be in the coming week. sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by liao22 View Post
waze not work
can u please elaborate?

Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
2) you can also change the schema files yourself, its quite easy. set the colors in /opt/waze/data/skins/default/night/schema and copy the new file as MyDocs/.waze/skins/default/night/schema . i promise to add it
My N9 schema attached. Basically, I changed [Map] Background to black, [Sea] Color to dark blue and made [Freeways], [Highways] and [Streets] all one shade of grey darker.

Now just need a way to set this permanently.
3) please set the log level to 1 (search this thread for instructions) make it crash again and upload the log to the issue tracker in the waze-qt project at google code. i will check it out
I've uploaded as issue 15.
Attached Files
File Type: txt n9-schema.txt (3.2 KB, 101 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
My N9 schema attached. Basically, I changed [Map] Background to black, [Sea] Color to dark blue and made [Freeways], [Highways] and [Streets] all one shade of grey darker.

Now just need a way to set this permanently.

I've uploaded as issue 15.
Thanks!
I will add the schema tomorrow. How would u like to name it (so it'll be in the menu)? OLED Optimized? Optimus Gingus (thus having part of ur username in it)? something else?

How would u like to name it (so it'll be in the menu)? OLED Optimized? Optimus Gingus (thus having part of ur username in it)? something else?
I think just 'AMOLED' would be fine.

That's the term Nokia use in the N9 specs.

The Following User Says Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
I think just 'AMOLED' would be fine.

That's the term Nokia use in the N9 specs.
Added.
Just one last thing remain. It needs an icon for the selection list in the menu, can you please create one? It should be similar to the icons in /opt/waze/data/skins/default/schema*.png
For now I have simply copied schema8.png as is and named it schema9.png so it will have the same icon as the "Map Editors" schema.

If you can't do it (GIMP/photoshop are the best apps to do it), I'll do it in the weekend. Shouldn't take more then half an hour.
Attached Images

Last edited by damagedspline; 2012-07-09 at 18:20.

Added.
Great, thanks!
Just one last thing remain. It needs an icon for the selection list in the menu, can you please create one? It should be similar to the icons in /opt/waze/data/skins/default/schema*.png
How is the one I have attached?

Regarding the name of the colour scheme, I didn't realize there were 8 different Day colour schemes, I thought there were only 'Day' and 'Night'.
I see now that there is more space for the name, so how about 'AMOLED Optimized'?

Will this scheme be able to be active during the day and night? It won't be good if Waze reverts to the generic 'Night' scheme, which will then be brighter than this one.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Great, thanks!

How is the one I have attached?
Excellent! Added.

Regarding the name of the colour scheme, I didn't realize there were 8 different Day colour schemes, I thought there were only 'Day' and 'Night'.
I see now that there is more space for the name, so how about 'AMOLED Optimized'?
Name changed to 'AMOLED Optimized'.

Will this scheme be able to be active during the day and night? It won't be good if Waze reverts to the generic 'Night' scheme, which will then be brighter than this one.
I have now added a small change that will make day/night irrelevant in AMOLED optimized mode.

One more thing: Since this is only valid for N9 and not the N950, I cannot make it a default for Meego builds. So after installation, anyone who wishes to use it will have to set it manually in the Map Settings -> Map color scheme.

I have now added a small change that will make day/night irrelevant in AMOLED optimized mode.

One more thing: Since this is only valid for N9 and not the N950, I cannot make it a default for Meego builds. So after installation, anyone who wishes to use it will have to set it manually in the Map Settings -> Map color scheme.
If N9 users like the new scheme, is there a way of detecting the device programmatically and setting it as the default scheme for N9 devices, but still allowing users to override it?

The Following User Says Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post: