Originally Posted by almamo View Post
Hi Aleksandra,

First thank you very much to keep us updated here on maemo.talk an other websites - I think that's something we all should appreciate. Most loyal XMS users have been very patient and also can mainly understand decisions your team make. Still, there are things which are not comprehensible.

I hope my posts won't be just empty words. Again thank you for communicating with the community and allowing us N9 owners to use your application.
@Almamo

Thank you for the comment and for spreading the word about XMS within Meego community.

Again, I want to stress that we're not ceasing Meego development, it is just taking more time than we originally planned.

We strive to bring more and more features to XMS across all platforms, but it takes time, especially, with all the platforms we support. We do believe that the baseline of this application is communication and messaging functionality is out there for everyone, while media sending and groupchat are coming soon.

Be sure that your message has been heard and we hope you stay with us and follow our news on future developments. Your feedback and questions are always welcomed, you can leave them there or write me a personal message whenever you want.

Best regards,
Aleksandra

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
@ Aleksandra

Thank you again for this helpful answer and understanding my post. I can totally understand how it takes much time to develop XMS for so many platforms. You can proudly say that XMS is the first and only true multi-platform messenger of it's kind

Good luck and all the best for your amazing application (on any platform). I'm very looking forward for further Meego releases.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Dude, chill. Its much better when a representative is being honest with us rather than fake promises and hopes (remember liveprofile?).
Sure, it just would've been nice if that forthrightness was there a few months back.
To get an idea of what I'm taking about, have a trawl of the thread that used to be active at FMC.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by almamo View Post
Hi Aleksandra,

First thank you very much to keep us updated here on maemo.talk an other websites - I think that's something we all should appreciate. Most loyal XMS users have been very patient and also can mainly understand decisions your team make. Still, there are things which are not comprehensible.
Expressed well by Almamo and we've all said it before....
The iOS/Android clients basically have feature parity w/Whatsapp, have for some time, but people haven't been shifting over in significant no's.
Getting a clear technical/popularity lead on one platform (even if it's market-share's miniscule) can be pivotal, & have a flow-on effect to others.
Which means they're now probably focusing on WP & other platforms that are more marginalized than iOS/Android (not including Maemo6)

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-21 at 16:53. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Alexandra, can you give a thought to my suggestion to open source eBuddy for Harmattan? The main appeal of an IM is cross-platform inter-operability and you'll be gaining one platform for nothing. Although you said you need more time, there is a limit to users' patience and you may lose the whole Harmattan user base if eBuddy isn't updated soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ The Netherlands
My XMS is having a lot of trouble with handling more conversations at once. sometimes I have to restart is cause it won't react anymore, maybe something that can be helped in the next release whatever the cause.

XMS is really a great program though and when it works, whatsapp is not one of my priorities anymore.

The app is really great it just needs some options like add pin , change display pic , and make the app runs a little bit faster and add a landscape mode would be great and emotions and sends pic , rec ,video and stuff u know we have waited for long time and the n9 community has lot less apps than any other platform so plz aleksandra make it faster we really need it

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
A few things that have started to bug me about XMS - wonder if they have already been addressed in the past 35 pages.

1. Why does my music stop when I receive an message on XMS.
2. Message window starts to act unpredictably after a short time. All my messages in the window seem to move to the top and not in the order they have been sent by me and my XMS contact. Result is I can see all their messages in sequence but my replies to them are somewhere else only visible if i scroll up.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
A few things that have started to bug me about XMS - wonder if they have already been addressed in the past 35 pages.

1. Why does my music stop when I receive an message on XMS.
2. Message window starts to act unpredictably after a short time. All my messages in the window seem to move to the top and not in the order they have been sent by me and my XMS contact. Result is I can see all their messages in sequence but my replies to them are somewhere else only visible if i scroll up.
1- xms currently uses system sound instead of profile sound volume
2- i experience something similar, the read indicator does not sync to the N9! Which makes me believe the version has conversation sync issues

I use xms on web, BlackBerry and N9
even though i want to use it on the N9, the bb version is more convenient as it is now.
they're both beta versions though

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by afaq View Post

To illustrate my point - see screen shot. This is becoming a real pain as my messages move up and down throughout the chat - check out the time stamps.
Attached Images