Active Topics

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
can i change desktop background without touching the base folder, only blanco folder?

Originally Posted by kuzmichov View Post
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalWBeLqDa4

Instructions:
1. Create your background image size of 480x854 in PNG format
2. Rename it to meegotouch-desktop-bg.png
3. Copy the resulting file to your smartphone in the Downloads folder
4. In the same folder Downloads unzip libmeegotouchviews-modified-default.css from the archive (http://www.mediafire.com/?b05rri3b3x20ris).
5. Open a terminal and type:
Code:
devel-su
rootme (the default password)
cp -f /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/meegotouch-desktop-bg.png /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/backgrounds/
cp -f /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/libmeegotouchviews-modified-default.css /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libmeegotouchhome/style/
6. Reboot

PS. For the subsequent change of the background, you need only change meegotouch-desktop-bg.png
But to return to the standard change libmeegotouchviews-modified-default.css to the original (http://www.mediafire.com/?yexu8a70ld534iu).
hi kuzmichov

i tried to change the background of my N9 base on your method but failed can i ask you a few question?

1) may i know the version of ur N9? is it PR1.3? Can your method work on PR1.3, the latest update?

2) you mention 'open a terminal'. do u mean open the css file?

3) inside the css file, there's already whole chuck of code. Do i remove all the code inside and paste the code that you have given us? or i just paste below the existing code without removing it?

Hope you can help me

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
popcorn,

Use N9QTweak to do the changes...Refer to the PDF/Wiki for more details...Its easier...

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
popcorn,

Use N9QTweak to do the changes...Refer to the PDF/Wiki for more details...Its easier...
Or do it the easiest way with an app called home screen settings. You can find it in store.

Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Or do it the easiest way with an app called home screen settings. You can find it in store.
if i use the home screen setting app, can i set my own photo as the background? or i have to use those photos or pics from that app?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
popcorn,

wah!! tat's more confusing :S

anyway, thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by popcorn View Post
if i use the home screen setting app, can i set my own photo as the background? or i have to use those photos or pics from that app?
Home screen settings app allows you to choose whatever image you want to use...

The N9QT method is only if you are not using Home screen settings app...Never use the N9QT method interchangeably with home screen settings...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: