Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I've seen this too, but only at work. At home I have a Netgear, and it works fine. At work, about every 3 hours the IM module starts chiming that it lost connection. Wifi is showing connected, but I can't connect. I drop wifi and bring it back and it's all fine.

Could this be a DHCP renewal issue? Maybe the router is expecting a lease renewal every so often, regardless of settings, and dropping it if it doesn't see it?
It's very doubtful it's a DHCP issue. Not only do I set a static lease on my router for my phone, but it's a 90-day lease that exists. I've even tried just DHCP which are one day leases and always with the same results

I'm pretty sure it's just a bug of some sort in the Wifi driver on the N900.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
How about the router that doesn't play nicely with the N900's saving mode?

What would the router be doing wrong if no other device has a problem, and it's not just one particular router model or firmware? The only common base here is the N900 and it's drivers....

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
yep i noticed this as well... I have to disconnect and reconnect.. I thought it was an encryption problem, so i now use WEP, but the stability is still ****..

Btw, i use a netgear router.... Im thinking maybe its an interference problem... what channel are you using?? mine is currently 13 and I changed it just now to 12 to check if thats the issue..
I used to have a D-link 655 and it worked like a charm. I just bought the Linksys yesterday, and all the other problems with the D-link were gone, but I got this new one with Linksys... However - when I changed the encryption from WPA personal to WEP the problem was gone.

I use channel 1.

Im getting this too on the latest firmware. I have a hidden SSID/WLAN and it seems to drop whenever it wants. Power save is enabled - no one's able to explain what power save actually does BTW. Will turn it off and see if things improve.

There's nothing wrong with the wireless AP and the other 5 wireless devices around the house.

Last edited by gurpal2000; 2010-06-08 at 20:02.

I haven't had this issue since the PR1.2. The only time I have issues now is when my AP drops.

i just get my N900 today all day im looking how to connect to my wifi.Nokia should lets the phone with normal connection.
when i connected to the wlan, it kept asking for WEP key. There is no wep key I use,i use name and password to connect in to my wlan.

i need your help

I too experienced this issue but only with an old Gigabyte router (GN-BR01G), all other routers have worked fine. I turned off power saving as suggested and it fixed the issue for me.

Last edited by Dr Zaius; 2010-06-09 at 04:13.

Same issue for me too. Linksys router and modifying powersave settings also has no effect.
I tried with running a continuously active network connection by playing a streaming media online but the stream simply cutoff after sometime.

Power is set at 100mW. All options in Power saving attempted and no difference whatsoever.

This is something new after PR1.2. It used to work fine before only i had it set Power Saving off earlier.

Originally Posted by Dr Zaius View Post
I too experienced this issue but only with an old Gigabyte router (GN-BR01G), all other routers have worked fine. I turned off power saving as suggested and it fixed the issue for me.
So i tried power saving off and in the morning i found my phone completely off. Obviously it ran out of juice. It took 4 hours to run the battery from 80% to 0%. It was just sitting there idle whilst I slept! Poor.