Notices

OK, I probably had this in the wrong sections. Sorry about that...

Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
My Nokia Messaging client has retrieving email from Gmail. The last email it successfully downloaded is from the 16th. I can send mail OK and when I manually select "Send & receive", it refreshes the Inbox, reports no errors and everything appears to work right, but the new emails, that I know I have, are not retrieved.

Is this just on my device or does someone else have the same problem?
Anyway, I did some further investigating. I tried to remove my Nokia Messaging account and set it up again (multiple times and rebooting too), but it did not help. Now the Gmail Inbox is empty. But the interesting thing is that all the other folders (like Sent and Drafts) are fully synced, so the problem is only the Inbox. Very strange...

i had a similar problem before on my N85, but I uninstalled Nokia Messaging and reinstalled and reconfigured everything and it was back to normal. Cant do that with the N900 though which sucks

The Following User Says Thank You to wako For This Useful Post:
I am having the exact same problem. Were you ever able to fix this?

I've got similar issue. I though that happens because I have tons of email in inbox, like 3,000+. I was able to load first 700. And I get new email once I delete any loaded. In general the behaviour is pretty weird.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
If I read an email on my N900 it sync's back to my gmail webmail - but, if I read an email on my gmail webmail it doesn't sync back to the N900...

Last edited by Blobster2k; 2010-04-26 at 13:50.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by wako View Post
i had a similar problem before on my N85, but I uninstalled Nokia Messaging and reinstalled and reconfigured everything and it was back to normal. Cant do that with the N900 though which sucks
Isn't it better to fix what's broken than to complain about not being able to rip everything out and start from the bottom?

From what OP writes, this sounds more like bad configuration mixed with faulty ideas about how things work than anything else.

Is IMAP or POP used? How many emails to sync? I use IMAP for an Exchange backend and it took a while to sync in all the emails that I had in my INBOX.

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post

Is IMAP or POP used? How many emails to sync? I use IMAP for an Exchange backend and it took a while to sync in all the emails that I had in my INBOX.
I've got connected with Exchange with no issues, both calendar, contacts and mail.

But have issues with gmail (pop confguration) - sending emails - ok, receiveing - last one 2007. 2 more thousands are not received.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
Isn't it better to fix what's broken than to complain about not being able to rip everything out and start from the bottom?

From what OP writes, this sounds more like bad configuration mixed with faulty ideas about how things work than anything else.

Nokia Messaging doesn't require POP/IMAP settings. You do it all through Nokia website (email.nokia.com) and then pop your Nokia Messaging username and password into the N900 email setup.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand
Same problem here. Everything but inbox is fine. Odd.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
I know it is an old thread, but is there any fix yet? It's 2 months now since I have this problem. Thank you