Notices

Straight from http://awk.cz/cntlm/ :

Cntlm (user-friendly wiki / technical manual) is an NTLM / NTLM Session Response / NTLMv2 authenticating HTTP proxy intended to help you break free from the chains of Microsoft proprietary world. You can use a free OS and honor our noble idea, but you can't hide. Once you're behind those cold steel bars of a corporate proxy server requiring NTLM authentication, you're done with.
If you are not already familiar with using cntlm on a Linux desktop, this application is not ready for you... yet.

Although the code is rock-solid and has been compiled for Maemo and Harmattan from the Debian source package with only minor changes, at this stage it needs to be configured and run manually.

Download for Nokia N900 (also in extras-devel repository)
Download for Nokia N950/N9

The Debian version creates a 'cntlm' user account and configures cntlm to run as a service on startup. This version should be run manually, preferrably with debugging information enabled, i.e. 'cntlm -v'. Cntlm itself does not need to be run as root, but because the configuration file (/etc/cntlm.conf) may contain sensitive information, only root can read it, so first change its permissions so that it can be read and written by everyone, i.e. as root 'chmod +rw /etc/cntlm.conf'.

Tip:
Create a new wireless connection for your workplace's wireless network with a new name, for example 'MyWork (cntlm)' and in this connection's advanced settings, configure the HTTP and HTTPS proxies to http://127.0.0.1 port 3128.

Last edited by ginggs; 2014-06-02 at 20:08.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Hi ginggs, thanks for your effort.

I need the cntlm for N9 and the link is broken.

Do you have the package? If yes, would you put it on a server so I can download it?

Thanks again.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by abufaisal.o View Post
Hi ginggs, thanks for your effort.

I need the cntlm for N9 and the link is broken.

Do you have the package? If yes, would you put it on a server so I can download it?

Thanks again.
I've uploaded a mirror for you

Edit:
I don't know if this is for the N900 or N9/N950.
Can you verify this?
Attached Files
File Type: deb cntlm_0.92.3-1maemo1_armel.deb (64.0 KB, 71 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I don't know if this is for the N900 or N9/N950.
Can you verify this?
The file you attached matches the MD5 sum (aa796c8aeec8ffc920514a673145ecba) of the N900 version in extras-devel.

Attached is the N9 version.
Attached Files
File Type: deb cntlm_0.92.3-1maemo1_armel.deb (71.4 KB, 76 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
This needs a personal and big
THANK YOU
ginggs.

After long time (and a bit of struggling with configs ) I was able to browse though our company proxy!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
After long time (and a bit of struggling with configs ) I was able to browse though our company proxy!
Good to hear. Now we just need someone to write a nice GUI frontend for it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post: