Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by smph View Post
Oops, got a MALF after uninstalling 0.9.2 and rebooting...
Really? This is what I was afraid of. Anyway, I didn't touched any files that could cause this, are you sure the cause was uninstalling?

Guys, thank you for your feedback and your donations.

Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Really? This is what I was afraid of. Anyway, I didn't touched any files that could cause this, are you sure the cause was uninstalling?

Guys, thank you for your feedback and your donations.
Yup. I tried to use the rescue kernel method to see if something was borked with the files touched by the postrm script or something but didn't get that to work so I just did a reflash.

Of course I can't be 100% sure it was the uninstall, but doing a reboot after installing the mod and another after uninstalling with nothing much inbetween it certainly seems so.

I wonder if doing a soft-reboot instead of one using the power button might have something to do with this?

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I wonder if doing a soft-reboot instead of one using the power button might have something to do with this?
I uninstalled v0.9.2 first, before installing the new version. No problems here.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Unclocked N9. Working super fast and smooth so far on v0.9.3.

Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
I uninstalled v0.9.2 first, before installing the new version. No problems here.
Did you reboot inbetween?

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
i did the reboot after uninstall but no crash.
have to say that i did the long press pwr key in order to reboot.
Still working well, only thing i can say is that message app is the slowest from all core apps when opening. I deleted my inbox just to see if that helped but no significant improvement.

Yup. I tried to use the rescue kernel method to see if something was borked with the files touched by the postrm script or something but didn't get that to work so I just did a reflash.

Of course I can't be 100% sure it was the uninstall, but doing a reboot after installing the mod and another after uninstalling with nothing much inbetween it certainly seems so.
What device do you have? What firmware version?

Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
i did the reboot after uninstall but no crash.
have to say that i did the long press pwr key in order to reboot.
Still working well, only thing i can say is that message app is the slowest from all core apps when opening. I deleted my inbox just to see if that helped but no significant improvement.
It's pretty fast here, less than a second. Do you mind uninstalling the app to see if there's any difference?

Originally Posted by traysh View Post
It's pretty fast here, less than a second. Do you mind uninstalling the app to see if there's any difference?
Oh god, people are still downloading the old versions in the first post. Maybe I should just remove them...