Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I'm sure it will not be a problem for some of us to implement what's needed for our own situation. It's more about what's available for other users out of the box. If it's missing, of course someone could pack up their own fix and provide it, that's one of the strong points about the openness in the Maemo concept. It's just that it's bad when existing features are removed simply because someone at the vendor's thinks 'this is not needed'. That's what we're rebelling against!
Yeah, the ones that have both the time and skills to implement it are unemployed students and retired people. But then, these are the ones that only have one mobile phone in the first place, eliminating the need for them to implement the obex browser app. On the other hand, the ones that have more than one mobile phone are probably employed and therefore lack the time (some of them surely have the skills) to implement it - resulting in a Catch-22

SCNR

Originally Posted by ccc1 View Post
The difference: On the N900 There's An App For That.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=27

... and if you would have read page 3 you would know that it get implemented soon anyway ...
That's exactly the reason why I'm so interested in and will love the N900 when I get it

If there's something "missing" you can/could implement it yourself.
Not me though, I know 0 about coding

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Yes, it allows the sharing of files via Bluetooth, E-mail, and a Sharing service supported by the N900 (Flickr, Ovi, Pixelpipe, etc.).
I'm wondering if it would make sense to add woof to the mix ?

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
I'm wondering if it would make sense to add woof to the mix ?
Maybe if it actually worked?

Ran it on my N900; connected to the IP given; got Firefox's download request dialog, woof shows "192.168.1.97 - - [25/Nov/2009 15:00:56] "GET /woof HTTP/1.1" 200 -"; woof quits while the dialog is on the screen - not sure how I'm meant to download it after that...

That said - if it does actually work - a sharing plug-in (minus the tagging stuff) would be the best way as:
  • It saves me from adding extra code to Petrovich; and
  • It makes it available to more apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
@Qwerty
You pulled it out of the bag again. Brilliant application and serves a great purpose. Hopefully this will get fully intergrated and appreciated by Nokia.
Many thanks again.

Tags
bluetooth, bug, file sharing, fremantle