Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Pr1.3 is coming, but the question is what is in it? N9 could have been a better phone, if it was only as smooth as Lumia 800. I love how Lumia is smooth. Why can't NOKIA engineers optimize their products? N900 released in 2009, and they couldn't have learned from N900 mistakes. Sad, very sad.
I hate to bring elops actions here but its not that the engineers are not capablee as much as the fact that they are not getting the support they should be getting.

Especially with the number of programmers that quit cos elop decoded it was better to put all eggs in one untested, declare the rest as dead OSes. If i was a developer and one os which i have been a part of developing is called a dead os and this is scrapped, i would not be very excited. Especially because by your own definition, im working on a dead os.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
N900 was out in 2009. Any serious company would have already been working on a sequel. elop made his decisions at the beginning of 2011. Lack of optimization has nothing to do with Elop. It has to do with previous leadership and engineering. None of the Nokia phones are optimized. Ever use N8? Oh my, what a non-optimized fiasco was that

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
None of us really know what the update has, so there's still a chance it may really supprise us!
Commits stop at march 27
http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouc...commits/master
I HATE ELOP!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
N9 could have been a better phone, if it was only as smooth as Lumia 800. I love how Lumia is smooth.
Oh, you can have that easily. Just remember to close your app before you open the next, just like WP7 does.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Commits stop at march 27
http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouc...commits/master
I HATE ELOP!
prof nothing. Except around that date pr1.3 was freezed if u check other modules.

N900 was out in 2009. Any serious company would have already been working on a sequel. elop made his decisions at the beginning of 2011. Lack of optimization has nothing to do with Elop. It has to do with previous leadership and engineering. None of the Nokia phones are optimized. Ever use N8? Oh my, what a non-optimized fiasco was that
Just a little optimization would be wonderful, anything but go back to Android which crashed all the time. (Sensation at least, the Amaze was better but too bulky and had rotten battery life).

The beauty of N9 is the open operating system and it works great on T-Mo USA.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
The N9 has recently been removed from Nokia's official lineup in the Nordic countries.
This seems also true for other countries. My favourite mail order shop here in Switzerland has marked his remaining stock with "no reorder possible" about two weeks ago.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
what a shame. And you can still buy the original Galaxy S upgraded to 1.4ghz.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Make the fm transmitter work with the upcoming update... somehow!

I am missing it so much
I totally agree - this is the main reason I havent bought one yet!

If the transmitter was working I may still still get one, though holding out to see what the Pureview 808 is like. Symbian still turns me off though..

I wish more workout on front camera, such as, ability to switch to front camera, native video call if possible..

The Following User Says Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert