Active Topics

Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
Did PR 1.2 break this for anyone else?

i haven't tried reinstalling. I'm not sure if I should...
It does not work for me either

/ # /usr/bin/lpsmagic
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lpsmagic", line 173, in <module>
font = ImageFont.truetype(font_g,fontsize_g)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PIL/ImageFont.py", line 218, in truetype
return FreeTypeFont(filename, size, index, encoding)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/PIL/ImageFont.py", line 134, in __init__
self.font = core.getfont(file, size, index, encoding)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
/ #

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
I reflashed and reinstalled lspmagic from within PR 1.2. It doesn't work for me either. I really ejoyed it, and I hope to be able to use it again soon.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
you will. If someone with PR 1.2 gets on IRC tonight (CET) and pings me i'll release 1.4 for pr1.2

Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
you will. If someone with PR 1.2 gets on IRC tonight (CET) and pings me i'll release 1.4 for pr1.2
I could not see any admiral0 on the server

Guess what, the font broke it. Repackaging. Expect 1.4 in minutes

The Following User Says Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
Updated. Do not install 1.4 on something < PR 1.2. It will fail

The Following User Says Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post:
I got some problems whit lpsmagic.

When this PR1.2 version of Meego Harmattan came. Lpsmagic stops working, and reinstall didn't help. Yes I know there is that 1.4version which works in PR1.2 but now i have strange problem.

When I updated this PR1.2 the answering to calls come bit strange. There was no more this lock screen and name of the caller down part of the screen. When call is coming. And I take my phone out off my pocket there was this screen where you choose green or red handset.

At first I didn't know why is it. Then I clear device and all seems to work fine. After that I installed Angry Birds, cuteTube, Filebox and lpsmagic 1.4 version.

In morning i was suprised because my N9 do not woke me up. I noticed that alarm went off at first but alarm sound stops nearly immediately. Because there was this screen whrer you can choose stop alarm or snooze. Normally there should be this lockscreen and down of the screen you can read alarm name, and alarm is ringing as long as you swipe screen down to up. There was no this lockscreen at all when alarm went off.

I also notice that this call answerin problem came back. Then I start to thing why. So first thing was remove latest software that I was installed after clearing device. Some of reason I first remove lpsmagic and reboot the device and everything works perfectly again. Answering and alarm clock.

Is it so that no one else do not have this problem ? Anyone have any idea why I got this problem. Lpsmagic is really great software and I want to use it, but I also have to woke up in the morning to work

Edit: Version is PR1.2 (30.2012.07-1_PR_001)

Last edited by Latwis81; 2012-03-01 at 06:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to Latwis81 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Confirmed! God, am I glad I saw this... I have an exam tomorrow morning.. and I would have overslept!!!

Tested and confirmed lpsmagic 1.4 prevented the alarm from working properly. It will ring once then stop. Hope this can be corrected soon.

What? How the hell is this even possible? The alarm framework isn't touched by lpsmagic. Could anyone make a screenshot? Are you sure it's lpsmagic?