Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
What I wanted to point out is, that on a photo you can't really judge how dark or bright it really was, when the pic was taken.
It is true. Some exif information can be read from the file but it is only related to the parameters set up on exposure but still no information about the light.

That is why a comparison of two phones at the same time are better, however that way also some photos of one and some photos of the other phone can be better because settings are also should be very similar and a small difference in the light may cause different automatic settings...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
This thread is truly EPIC. By reading it I have learned about phone manufacturing process (which it started with), collective anticipation and joy, trolling and accusation, marketing and Chinese overseas tolls and postage. And finally something about phone I ordered so long ago.

Currently I am learning the soul life of past and present cameraphones. Truly Epic!

I wonder what else we are going to go through before I get my hands on the phone

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
This thread is truly EPIC. By reading it I have learned about phone manufacturing process (which it started with), collective anticipation and joy, trolling and accusation, marketing and Chinese overseas tolls and postage. And finally something about phone I ordered so long ago.

Currently I am learning the soul life of past and present cameraphones. Truly Epic!

I wonder what else we are going to go through before I get my hands on the phone
Well, what did you expect?!
Many delays, many people without the device yet, and a few people received the device but they boxed it up already.
So yeah, let's talk about stuff

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
^This is IRL, others is happy to "learn" things while waiting and other just want it "to me and just now or before" - first positive and then negative waiting...

But after all, everything is good... This is just life... There are so many in third category. Us, who did not preorder ( i still have that #3 )

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
And what's wrong with that?
That the S10 was supposedly one of the better phones, which had huge improvements in low light conditions over the S7. But it was still producing terrible pictures.

I saw the original pics and this is a x5 crop or something.
Yes, so? It's a crop, but still at the original pixel density. It's unscaled, it's the original quality, I just removed a bunch around it.

Also the post is from the same week the phone was released. If you want some photos after about 8 camera improving updates, i can show you when I meet my nephew.
I really don't care, since it's unrelated to the point. Even with the updates I'm sure you can take terrible looking pictures, because it all depends on the conditions. And judging a phone's camera on 1 or a couple of terrible pictures when there are also good pictures is stupid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Interesting to see how much camera means on the phone. So far have heard very little about the other specs and how the phone works. Anyone done any benchmarking with games or other cpu/ram hungry stuff? Also I have now only got feedback of how SFOS doesn't yet work. Are there any other Os yet to try? Have anyone tried? I am a bit out of that picture. I mean there is Postmarket and Debian and Kali (yes Debian also) and some others and because so many had urge to have sometthing else working on the new hwkb device with open bootloader - so are they working at all yet or is it something to happen in the future when people have had time to found out how?

I'm interested to know how good replacement for a laptop this device is, not that much how good replacement for a camera. Not blaming anyone of having this talk of the camera quality though. It is part of the device and many like to take a lot of pictures with phone so it means a lot. I myself shoot with b/w film and mainly with awesome Nikon AWAF pockect camera (have also mounted iphone fisheye to one film pockect and an sdrl 50 lens to an old pocket cam from 1980s and like to experiment a lot). The main proper film cam I have is Olympus OM2N with very sharp 1,8f/50mm lens and an almost unused (about 10 rolls shot) black Zenith XP.

But so I'm very eager to here of benchmarking and other Os possibilities.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Vignette effect is a software issue that will be fixed with updates. Updated the review post accordingly
Got message from Chen that the issue is fixed, and we should see an OTA update soon.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Well, what did you expect?!
Many delays, many people without the device yet, and a few people received the device but they boxed it up already.
So yeah, let's talk about stuff
I actually didn't expect anything less! Only thought that the discussion would truly beging after the phone is delivered, but nice to notice we are allready going. Eventhough most of us don't have the phone. And thats what I found funny

Eagerly waiting my phone. Hopefully it arrives before january when I have ditch my work phone because I am leaving for a looooong holiday.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/24...&comment=34883

Status update from Erik

Hi everyone,

A small update you for today. As some of you know our US shipment from the first batch has still not reached our US customers due to strict US customs regulations. According to the latest, the first US batch is being returned to our Hong Kong hub, but it's currently being queued in a customs office's sorting facility. We know the stock will arrive back, but by the time that happens, our next batches from the factory will be ready for shipping. Consequently, we will be bumping up the numbers of units in the next batches to accommodate for the customers designated from the first batch. EU and APAC customers have fully received the 1st batch, currently awaiting the next ones.

In terms of production, we know a batch of stock is leaving the factory sometime this week, but I don't have an official day for this yet. I expect that some of you will receive their stock assigned notice either late this week or sometime next week. But with this, it's important to note the time required to move stock between our 3 warehouses Hong Kong > Europe and the US at the same time.

To avoid the same customs issue, we will be choosing a different shipping method to comply with US customs regulations for our new batches. We understand this is very frustrating for both our US customers who were promised their device is coming with the first batch, and us for to having to ship the same batch twice and not meeting the promised US customers' expectations.

We are on track for general availability by Christmas, which of course means all pre-orders will be completed by then.

As always, thank you for your patience and support.

Erik

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Too bad about the customs issue. Sure things will be ironed out over time. Couple questions for those that have received theirs.

Have you use Google Play Store? If not are you side loading? Have you tried Fdroid to get apps? My guess is it will be awhile before a fully working version of Debian is on this device, but has anyone tried to chroot Debian. Kinda like EasyDebian on N900. This can be done using apps like Linux on Android (needs root) or Userland. There are others apps that do this as well. Like to hear about folks experiences with this. Especially since you have that lovely hwkb!

Last edited by mscion; 2019-11-26 at 14:26.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit