My absolute favorite software on the N900 has always been gPodder (in combination with the Panucci player). I've been using it for hours daily while driving in my car.

So, I was delighted to find it for my "new" Sailfish/Nexus 5 device. Unfortunately, there is one serious flaw with the Sailfish version which I downloaded from OpenRepos (here's the link). When pausing a podcast, it never resumes where I left off, but rather starts right from the beginning again.

This latest version 4.6.0 was published in May 2015. And there is actually a comment on OpenRepos dating from October 2015 pointing out this bug.

I tried to compensate by using Talefish (another wonderful project BTW!) for playing the files downloaded by gPodder. However, due to the directory based nature of Talefish, it does not really fit well with gPodder as the directories' contents change frequently.

I wonder, am I the only one who is bothered by this?

Last edited by dubliner; 2017-01-03 at 12:51.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
It looks like there is no development of gPodder for Sailfish
https://github.com/gpodder/gpodder-sailfish

You can ask gPodder developer m@thp.io

Last edited by atlochowski; 2017-01-03 at 14:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
My absolute favorite software on the N900 has always been gPodder (in combination with the Panucci player). I've been using it for hours daily while driving in my car.

So, I was delighted to find it for my "new" Sailfish/Nexus 5 device. Unfortunately, there is one serious flaw with the Sailfish version which I downloaded from OpenRepos (here's the link). When pausing a podcast, it never resumes where I left off, but rather starts right from the beginning again.

This latest version 4.6.0 was published in May 2015. And there is actually a comment on OpenRepos dating from October 2015 pointing out this bug.
I wonder, am I the only one who is bothered by this?
I do not have this problem on my Jolla, using same version, but from Jolla Store. Not showing up for mp3 or mp4 files, download or streaming.
Have used gpodder on N900,N9 and Jolla, problem sounds a bit familiar, however.

The Following User Says Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
For me too is familiar. Sometimes from the beginning, sometimes back to the prelast break.
Still on N9 and sometimes with Jolla to but Jolla have capitle for less.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Have been using it for as long as I can remember and have never noticed the error you describe.

I am running version 4.6.0 on a JollaC at the moment and the only problem that I have noticed is that some podcasts stop downloading once in a while (newer occurred before i moved the storage to sd-card so probably something related to that).

//j

The Following User Says Thank You to jesper For This Useful Post:
My guess is the developer moved on from Sailfish. I saw some development on Android a while ago. Maybe if a nicer than Jolla C phone comes up and gets people excited perhaps a developer will step in.

Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
I do not have this problem on my Jolla, using same version, but from Jolla Store. Not showing up for mp3 or mp4 files, download or streaming.
Thanks for that piece of information! Fot me the resume option did not work at all (i.e. never - while the indicator would point to the right position, the audio would always start from the top). Thus, I uninstalled gPodder, deleted all related files in .cache, .config, and .local/share hoping to get a whole fresh new start. Now I'm trying again with new install. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, could you please explain what you meant by "not showing up..."?

Bonus question: Once you've listened to a podcast, how do you get rid of the file? On the N900 there was a menu dialogue to expire old downloads which I found very handy. Couldn't find anything similar with the Sailfish version, though.

P.S. Just a quick question. When you pause and successfully resume an audio file, do you keep gPodder active in the meantime?

It works for me as long as I don't close gPodder. However, if I do (in case I need to reboot my phone), it'll always start from the very beginning. BTW, I'm using the version from the Jolla store now.

Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
My guess is the developer moved on from Sailfish. I saw some development on Android a while ago. Maybe if a nicer than Jolla C phone comes up and gets people excited perhaps a developer will step in.
Interesting if he moved away from Sailfish, having been a developper at Jolla for some time. No idea if he is still there, or was part of the many sailors that left lately.

The gPodder project in itself is not dead, as the last version for desktop platforms is only 2 weeks old (but version major not same as for sailfish?):
http://blog.gpodder.org/2016/12/gpod...-released.html

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
P.S. Just a quick question. When you pause and successfully resume an audio file, do you keep gPodder active in the meantime?
Anyway, could you please explain what you meant by "not showing up..."?
Work for me for unfinished episodes when:
- receive a phone call when I listen and gpodder resyme playing
- gpodder is active
- gpodder application has been stopped and started again
- phone has been restarted, needed to test the last now, not restarting phone frequently.

Not showing up (for me): I did not manage to reproduce the defect.

E.g. one of the podcasts feed I use is "Comedy of the Week" from BBC. I am not using queueing of episodes.

The mediaplayer starts where the indicator of how much is played ends. Do you see these purple lines in your gpodder?

Not sure if I have adjusted this, you can check for differences vs. default:
/home/nemo/.config/harbour-org.gpodder.sailfish/Settings.json
{
"auto": {
"cleanup": {
"days": 7,
"played": false,
"unfinished": true,
"unplayed": false
},
"retries": 3,
"update": {