Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Well, I wish they wouldn't release updates in big chunks.. there's tons of fixes already in place, but we won't see them until PR1.2 comes out, whenever that is.

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
I think you would have to define support first ...they did after all release a security update for the 900 last month only several months after the ca's were compromised lol ...In comparison to most android handset makers nokia isn't too bad considering some of those phones never recieve updates
I mean security update but also new OS features.
For instance adding folders to the app interface, or widgets, or anything could be an improvement or bug fixes.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Weblover View Post
Hello everyone, I'm a fresh N9 owner (really fresh, phone is coming . I choose to buy an N9 because I wanted to try something new.

The first topic I would like to discuss is about the future support for Meego . Do you really think that Nokia will be seriously supporting the N9 till 2015?

It's seems a lot of time for a dead-on-arrival device...

What do you think?
Well they did confirm several times, at various levels of management, "including" Elop.
And it made sense, once the metlemi rumors started circulating, at the same time.

But it's a long time into the future, so things can change of course.
I think at this point they genuinely intend to hold until 2015...

When they said 2015 though, I immediately took that to mean Jan. 1st 2015.
I doubt support will go well into 2015....

2015 or not, I really don't care. I doubt I will hold on to my N9 until 2015.

But Konttori of Nokia has confirmed there will be a PR1.2 and PR1.3 update and that is good enough for me. If you compare with Android phones most will only get 1 os update before the manufacturer says "No more update due to hardware limitation."

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post: