I thought it might be an interesting idea to have the phone log into all the IM accounts and VoiP accounts I have set when I change my web connection. Like with the ability to set a connection as "home" or whatever designation. Then when you're not connected to it the phone will know to log into everything.

This way your phone and your PC aren't fighting and kicking each other out of the same account over and over.

Just my idea. I can't code worth a damn, but I'd be willing to try and help someone if they were willing to try and make it a reality.

Thanks.

You can set all your accounts offline with 3 clicks:

Click on the little status bar -> Availability -> offline -> save

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I think the op was thinking more along the lines of specifying a set of connections for monitoring: when any of the connections were activated to have the IM and VOIP automatically change the availability withot intervention.

@Fargus pretty much. So for me when I'm home I don't get IM's on clients saying I'm logged in somewhere else. Or kicked off that client altogether. Then when I leave I'm automatically logged in. It is kind of lazy since it's only three clicks but when you multiply that by 4 accounts you're clicking around a bit.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
If you talk about the availability then you can change it at the status bar, it will change for all accounts at once. I think.