Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Well the same is true of my kids, infarct my n810 yesterday presented the first day I can no longer get touch screen assess. i believe this is a direct result of the love/abuse my kids show to my n810.

hence i need a replacement ASAP.

an Ester Egg for me would be a built in abuse alarm, with time capsule that could preempt the abuse by 2 mints.

The Following User Says Thank You to timwatt For This Useful Post:
Has an unrestricted version of Skype w- Video been mentioned yet?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
Well the same is true of my kids, infarct my n810 yesterday presented the first day I can no longer get touch screen assess. i believe this is a direct result of the love/abuse my kids show to my n810.

hence i need a replacement ASAP.

an Ester Egg for me would be a built in abuse alarm, with time capsule that could preempt the abuse by 2 mints.
This goes back to my 'an app to order extra styluses'.. a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that the company should support consumers with the ability to buy parts so we can pay someone locally to fix it, or fix it ourselves if we feel so bold.

God--what a glorious easter egg it would be if the device automatically detected damage and automatically sent you an email with a link to order a new part.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This goes back to my 'an app to order extra styluses'.. a tongue-in-cheek suggestion that the company should support consumers with the ability to buy parts so we can pay someone locally to fix it, or fix it ourselves if we feel so bold.

God--what a glorious easter egg it would be if the device automatically detected damage and automatically sent you an email with a link to order a new part.
Sure, I am imagining myself playing chess with my N900 using voice commands, and then suddenly it says "Just a moment. Just a moment. I've just picked up a fault in the AE-35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours." Then I get my EVA suit and... well, you know how the story goes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nwerneck View Post
Sure, I am imagining myself playing chess with my N900 using voice commands, and then suddenly it says "Just a moment. Just a moment. I've just picked up a fault in the AE-35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours." Then I get my EVA suit and... well, you know how the story goes.
HAL was just misunderstood. Stupid users.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
A bottle opener.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dormant View Post
A bottle opener.
That's not an easter egg, the new kickstand is a bottle opener by design.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Omg, that would totally rock. Imagine me, bored while waiting to go home at the horses grazing lands. Running around, waving that thing. The horses would totally go WTF. Not to mention the stable girls.
I was thinking that someone should make a "you sunk my battleship" but on a 5 mile or ten mile wide grid requiring atleast 4 people that uses the gps.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
That's not an easter egg, the new kickstand is a bottle opener by design.
I love it already!

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Stantum multi touch. A breathalyzer and corresponding drinking/clubbing profile that auto switches on and tests me every hour if it gps detects I'm in a club or bar which increasingly makes it bigger font and requires double then triple tap as alcohol content gets higher.
Just kidding, but not about the stantum.