Active Topics

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Yes, Again and again and...

The statistics around N9 is not important at all to me as long as I have at least one device.

The only problem I have is that poeple might think I am walking around with a Lumia so I am trying to hide it as much *** possible. The F***ers at Nokia HQ shall not get any free visibility.
Grow a neckbeard. Nobody will believe you have a Lumia.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I was in uni and had my N9 by my keyboard and this guy walked up and said:
"Oh you have same Lumia 800 as me =]"
and feeling all high and smug, i replied:
"Nope I got the original, The N9"

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
There is a proverb in Germany that says you shouldn't trust any statistics figures that you did not fake yourself.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Or as we put it "Traue keiner Statistik die Du nicht selbst gefaelscht hast"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Well I should have just shared the things that I observed from Nokia Store's stats then added that I didn't feel N9 sold that much... I guess I kept seeing threads mentioning 1.5m as arguments here, and thought well I would view the story from another angle. Let me change the title to better reflect this. I am no pro developer so there is no need for me to think high of myself...

Anyway, thanks for Creamy Goodness' pointer, it's interesting to see consistent stats from China!

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
First, let's look at the facebook N9 page
I wonder, those 160k active users are the ones who use the facebook app on their n9?

I'm sure your app is very good, but I would be extremely surprised if 4% of all N9 users downloaded it.
Yeah, people in europe and asia rarely own stocks, and businessmen won't buy the N9.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Just to put some positivity into this thread, I use Stockona and think its great!

The Following User Says Thank You to jah25 For This Useful Post:
OTOH my app in Ovi store has the most downloads coming from Mexico. So the N9 must have sold most units in Mexico according to the statistics?

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
OTOH my app in Ovi store has the most downloads coming from Mexico. So the N9 must have sold most units in Mexico according to the statistics?
May I ask the name of your app? (Sorry for asking, I searched but all I found are your N900 apps... I probably saw your N9 app(s) just didn't realize they are from you...) Thanks for the info that's interesting.

As for the 1.5m number... well I finally figured out where this number came from. Keyword is 'eventually shipped'......

Last edited by sony123; 2012-02-29 at 06:47.

@sony123

My app in the store is Music Shelf. My other N9 app is the aps.formeego.org client but that's not in the store (yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: