Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#311
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I gave it a first shot to flash Sailfish on my new XperiaX using the latest community build image. Unfortunately it did not work.

I tried first the windows method (flash.bat) but it seems the bat file has some issues and doesn't work. I manually executed the steps on the bat file in terminal window and everything seemed to go fine.

Code:
F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash boot hybris-boot.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot' (10846 KB)...
OKAY [  0.354s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.075s]
finished. total time: 0.435s

F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash system fimage.img001
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.983s]
sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (524284 KB)...
OKAY [ 18.141s]
writing 'system' 1/2...
OKAY [  3.845s]
sending sparse 'system' 2/2 (44832 KB)...
OKAY [  1.582s]
writing 'system' 2/2...
OKAY [  0.323s]
finished. total time: 24.885s

F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash userdata sailfish.img001
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [  0.542s]
sending sparse 'userdata' 1/1 (0 KB)...
OKAY [  0.013s]
writing 'userdata' 1/1...
OKAY [  0.011s]
finished. total time: 0.571s

F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash oem xperiax_m_loire.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'oem' (163040 KB)...
OKAY [  5.297s]
writing 'oem'...
OKAY [ 21.028s]
finished. total time: 26.329s
After restart the phone entered to bootloop (shows SONY logo and restarts endlessly).

The only difference is that I did shorten the Sony OEM blob file name... This should have nothing to do with this? There are several versions of the Sony OEM blob files available. I used the one that was mentioned in the instructions.

I was able to recover it back to Android using the EMMA tool. It flashed back slightly older version (228) while the version before was 344 if I recall.

I retried flashing after the EMMA tool recovery but I still get the bootloop. This time I can't even get the EMMA to recognize the phone any more... so I'll need to recover it using the fastboot only.

One interesting point I noted with EMMA: It can not be used in the fastboot mode (blue LED after holding volume up key up) but only in "standard mode" showing green LED...
what were the issues with the bat file?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Mara's Avatar
Posts: 1,286 | Thanked: 712 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
#312
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
what were the issues with the bat file?
It kicked me out on checking if I had correct product: Manually given the "fastboot getvar product" command responds with "product: F5121"

The bigger problem now I have is that I cannot flash the userdata... More details are in my previous post.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#313
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
It kicked me out on checking if I had correct product: Manually given the "fastboot getvar product" command responds with "product: F5121"

The bigger problem now I have is that I cannot flash the userdata... More details are in my previous post.
can you get into the green flash mode? also what size is the userdata file?

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2017-11-19 at 21:10.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Mara's Avatar
Posts: 1,286 | Thanked: 712 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
#314
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
can you get into the green flash mode?
I'm not sure if it matters any more... I fixed the userdata flashing issue by doing it from linux (dual boot). It worked flawlessly and now I'm already using Sailfish on my XperiaX

Busy now playing with my new toy...
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#315
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I'm not sure if it matters any more... I fixed the userdata flashing issue by doing it from linux (dual boot). It worked flawlessly and now I'm already using Sailfish on my XperiaX

Busy now playing with my new toy...
am glad man had me worried for a sec :P windows is always crap
 

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
#316
Does this device have aliendalvik support? If so could any one of you share with aliendalvik package with me? I see this phone is using android marshmallow as base and i need aliendalvik which works with that version of base for Nexus 5 with base CM13. I tried with CM11 and CM12.1 and AD works but 12.1 has some issues. But it does start on CM13 base.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#317
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Does this device have aliendalvik support? If so could any one of you share with aliendalvik package with me? I see this phone is using android marshmallow as base and i need aliendalvik which works with that version of base for Nexus 5 with base CM13. I tried with CM11 and CM12.1 and AD works but 12.1 has some issues. But it does start on CM13 base.
This port does not support the alien dalvik.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 1,375 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
#318
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Does this device have aliendalvik support? If so could any one of you share with aliendalvik package with me? I see this phone is using android marshmallow as base and i need aliendalvik which works with that version of base for Nexus 5 with base CM13. I tried with CM11 and CM12.1 and AD works but 12.1 has some issues. But it does start on CM13 base.
AD is proprietary software and you are supposed to agree with the conditions of its license. In my understanding such requests for redistribution of non-free software should be out of scope of this forum. Please see https://talk.maemo.org/faq.php?faq=v...q_tmorulestext, section "No Inappropriate or Illegal Material"
 

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Mara's Avatar
Posts: 1,286 | Thanked: 712 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
#319
Few hours of testing/fooling around:
- sensors not working
- GPS not working
- Bluetooth file receive from another Sailfish phone (Moto G4 plus) works. (No other Bluetooth testing done.)
- Samba app not working. (Works on Moto G4 plus.)
- Occasionally WiFi stops working. Reboot fixes it.
- Not possible to setup "General email" account. (Works on Moto G4 plus.)
- Camera works, but not possible to select full resolution 24MPix mode.
- Video recording resolution is 3840x2160 4K? (By looking captured video file details.)
- Haven't tested SIM/phone functionality yet.

The XperiaX is in 2.1.3.7 after it performed OTA update. My Moto G4 plus uses sailfish version 2.1.0.10.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#320
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Few hours of testing/fooling around:
- sensors not working
- GPS not working
- Bluetooth file receive from another Sailfish phone (Moto G4 plus) works. (No other Bluetooth testing done.)
- Samba app not working. (Works on Moto G4 plus.)
- Occasionally WiFi stops working. Reboot fixes it.
- Not possible to setup "General email" account. (Works on Moto G4 plus.)
- Camera works, but not possible to select full resolution 24MPix mode.
- Video recording resolution is 3840x2160 4K? (By looking captured video file details.)
- Haven't tested SIM/phone functionality yet.

The XperiaX is in 2.1.3.7 after it performed OTA update. My Moto G4 plus uses sailfish version 2.1.0.10.
Thanks for the feedback
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08.