can anyone recommend a nice jabber service that will let me use an msn transport. and a easy tutorial because am struggling at the moment, after a few hours of googling ive not gotten far. am on ubuntu

damn it I just found a good one and got it to work. ignore this

for anyone thats interested I ended up using

www.jappix.com mainly because they have an online chat

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2011-04-27 at 22:10.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Lebanon,Beirut
yes
www.jappix.com

here is the original post made by m4r0v3r in this thread Protocols plugin for conversations - MSN not working:

use jabber. I made the switch and it is soo much better than any of the plugins. go register at jappix.com, sign in and then theres a small button that says more stuff, find the msn transport and click on subscribe. enter your details, watch out for a notification at the top of the page and then just add everyone in.

hope it works for you as it worked for me

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by gng554 View Post
yes
www.jappix.com

here is the original post made by m4r0v3r in this thread Protocols plugin for conversations - MSN not working:

use jabber. I made the switch and it is soo much better than any of the plugins. go register at jappix.com, sign in and then theres a small button that says more stuff, find the msn transport and click on subscribe. enter your details, watch out for a notification at the top of the page and then just add everyone in.

hope it works for you as it worked for me
can't find the more stuff button...

edit: found it!!

Last edited by Carlito; 2011-04-28 at 20:11.

I love jabber, I've been using it for about a year now and wouldn't ever go back to AIM/MSN/etc, I love how it's encrypted and I can use my own server

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
All this Jabber stuff is TOO DAMN DIFFICULT!

Nearly ripped the screen off my laptop trying to figure out how the hell it works.

I'm done.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

I was having the same problem cjp but I managed to get it to work with jappix, a nice easy site compared to the rest

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
OK after my rage fit I finally got it working.

What a complicated system! And totally unintuitive to use. Just unsuable without instructions or a manual. Also, how can you add anything to your Jabber.org account? If you're fine with using online services, then using your Jabber.org account for Jappix.com works, but if you want it on your phone, skip making a Jabber.org account all together.

ARGH still a bit fustrated even its working now.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
All this Jabber stuff is TOO DAMN DIFFICULT!

Nearly ripped the screen off my laptop trying to figure out how the hell it works.

I'm done.
What's wrong with you? You create an account and fill in username/password in your client. Most clients will let you create an account right there. - As simple as it gets.