Active Topics

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
Hello.. i want go facebook chat but i dont want those facebook contacts to my phonebook.. is there anyway to make that?
thanks. i have n9.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Not only there seems to be no way to chat with friends not in your contacts, it seems impossible to add CERTAIN friends in your contacts. You have to add them all and then remove those you don't want to have.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

you mean that when i delete those, will it disappear on facebook too? no? thanks!

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Not only there seems to be no way to chat with friends not in your contacts, it seems impossible to add CERTAIN friends in your contacts. You have to add them all and then remove those you don't want to have.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
You can do it very simple.

Choose the Facebook account menu to show every friend of yours, then make the selections. If you want to chat with somebody you can connect to an existing contacts.
If the the name in the contacts and facebook is the same the phone make it to one contact.

If you finish it, than change the facebook account to show only friends in your contacts.

Hmm.. im no sure if i get it...

Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam View Post
You can do it very simple.

Choose the Facebook account menu to show every friend of yours, then make the selections. If you want to chat with somebody you can connect to an existing contacts.
If the the name in the contacts and facebook is the same the phone make it to one contact.

If you finish it, than change the facebook account to show only friends in your contacts.

Originally Posted by vihru View Post
Hmm.. im no sure if i get it...
I kinda knew that nobody would understand it

Accounts - Facebook. You have two options. Show every facebook friends in your address book or only whose connected one of your contacts in your address book.

The Phone connects automatically your facebook friends with your address book when both names are tha same (first and last name are in the same order, in Hungary it's a problem, I think in most country, it isn't).

That's your two options.

If you enable only the friends who are in your address book, and you're online, you can see your other friends in the bottom of the list of your online friends and they're tagged as "no status".

okay, now i get it.. i can chat still if they are tagged as no status because i havent those in my phone contacts?

i enable only the facebook friends that i have in my phone..
but there isnt any others facebook guys in bottom?

Last edited by vihru; 2011-11-30 at 16:22.

I don't know the possibility to chat with friends with no status. I have them with "no status" because I don't want to chat with them from the phone.

but how you make that way?