Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
On several occasions now I have received chats from contacts and my N9 shows the chat notifications, even includes some of the text in the notification, but when I open the conversation the messages aren't there. This has happened with multiple contacts and then when I go into the browser I see the missed messages.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any thoughts on how to recover the missing messages? Very frustrating as you can't look at chat logs via the mobile site or GApp!

Check the drop down at the top. Switch it between "All messages", "SMS and MMS" and "Google Talk" and see if they appear. I have this issue on my N950. It will randomly change to one.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Yeah that's not it, it's definitely set to 'All.'

Also, when I reboot, the contacts fall back to their previous lower position sorted by last message, as if there no longer is any record of the messages. Just happened for facebook as well as google chat so I tried to a reboot. It could be related to the account failure bug that has me re-inputing all my passwords whenever I change or lose connections.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I'd the same problem with ebuddy-xms messages. reported it to them as a bug...they said they'll look into it but no update from them yet.