Active Topics

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Hi,

I installed the adblock plus plugin using the application manager of the device from extras-testing (or was it extras-devel?). Unfortunately it doesn't work. Not after a reboot and not after two and not after weeks of using it (there where some reboots in this time).

Do you have any idea how to find a hint what's wrong?

In the plugin menu of microb I can see that it's enabled but I can't do anything there.

Ciao jukey

Me on twitter

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
Hi,

I installed the adblock plus plugin using the application manager of the device from extras-testing (or was it extras-devel?). Unfortunately it doesn't work. Not after a reboot and not after two and not after weeks of using it (there where some reboots in this time).

Do you have any idea how to find a hint what's wrong?

In the plugin menu of microb I can see that it's enabled but I can't do anything there.

Ciao jukey
If you go to the addons menu in microb and you see the icon there and it's checked off, it should be working just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
I installed adblock plus the same way the thread starter did, and unfortunately it has a negative affect on the browsing experience...

it seems, that I do see some kind of checkerboard pattern much more and much longer than before, and furthermore, there are issues with the switch to the fullscreen (or back from fullscreen), sometimes i get a black screen and have to tap again, and then it still needs some time to get everything running smooth again

I now uninstalled adblock plus and, altthough ads are shown, the browser seems to be faster and more direct...

not good news, I hope that there will be new version of adblock soon, without such a significant performance hit (installing adblock plus 1.1.1, shown in a link few pages before did not work, ads were still shown)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm using the patched 1.1.1 version mentioned here and it doesn't show ads.

It seems to be important to subscribe to the proper list. Make sure that if you are visiting non-English sites that you choose the proper subscription.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
of course I chose the proper list (german Easylist)...but it did not work

u dont experience the problems I had? the checkerbox pattern and the black screen?

(i have to admit, it seems that these are general problems that just occur more often when adblock is installed)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sure the checkerbox pattern comes up when a page isn't fully loaded. But I don't see it significantly more when Adblock is installed.

Tags
adblock, fremantle, hack, microb