Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Bundyo: Good work, sir!

I was browsing around with Tear, and I went to buy.com to look at the cheap N810s. The page kept reloading and reloading continuously until I turned off Javascript.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Sounds strange... Will investigate.

I just loaded tear 3 and as adviced as root installed libidn11 the installation was smooth no problem. l launched to find a nice UI and dashboard, went to gmail mobile was axactly as it should standard view ok, i even responded to a mail and downloaded the pp attachment read it in html view it opened well in a new tab, bookmark gmail ok the keyboard pop up responded correctly in fact beside being faster it worked axactly as microb under testing and new findings will be reported so far great job thanks bundyo.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
@debernardis: Updated WebKit with lesser dependencies - check if it will work in Chinook.
http://bundyo.org/maemo/webkit/libwe...39-3_armel.deb
This package fixed some of the dependencies in Chinook, however there is still a problem with libglib2:

Code:
-:~# dpkg -i libwebkit-1.0-1_1.0-svn40239-3_armel.deb 
. . .
 libwebkit-1.0-1 depends on libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.12-1osso10); however:
  Version of libglib2.0-0 on system is 2.12.12-1osso9.

The Following User Says Thank You to edrex For This Useful Post:
for some reason, with this update, my scrolling is now very jerky while touching the screen. the moment I let up, it scrolls smoothly, but until then it looks very bad.

Also, is anyone able to access gmail, or any other google service for that matter? For some reason, clicking on the sign in link does nothing.

Same here...
I can't access Gmail/GDocs...

Click the link and nothing seems to happen.

My scrolling, however, is smooth as always with Tear.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
This package fixed some of the dependencies in Chinook, however there is still a problem with libglib2:
Yes it's true but tear seems to work indeed even if dependencies of libwebkit are not satisfied.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
For some reason dpkg-shlibdeps doesn't respect my override and adds both my override and osso10...

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
I can't browse a few places. It just doesn't respond or load.

garage.maemo.org
cp.lfchosting.com

Dang, I'm drawing a blank on the other ones I've had problems with. Can anyone else reproduce this?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
for some reason, with this update, my scrolling is now very jerky while touching the screen. the moment I let up, it scrolls smoothly, but until then it looks very bad.

Also, is anyone able to access gmail, or any other google service for that matter? For some reason, clicking on the sign in link does nothing.
I can use most of the google services, like reader or docs, but gmail just shows odd "connection error" message.

Scrolling is smooth like always.

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www