Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
In adblock plus, can you disable by default the show tabs on flash and java? That part about adblock plus really annoys me, and I always disable them first, or since MicroB has a different GUI, it doesn't even matter.
Can you explain what exactly the option does? I enabled and disabled it on my PC Firefox installation and don't see any difference.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Can you explain what exactly the option does? I enabled and disabled it on my PC Firefox installation and don't see any difference.
It puts a clickable "Block" tab in the upper right hand corner of java and flash regions on pages:

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I don't see that tab on mine when I go to youtube.com, and I don't think I deactivated it on the desktop where I got my settings.ini from (it doesn't bug me). So I guess it doesn't show in MicroB.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I don't see that tab on mine when I go to youtube.com, and I don't think I deactivated it on the desktop where I got my settings.ini from (it doesn't bug me). So I guess it doesn't show in MicroB.
It may if you pull out the cursor and move over it, since that's the only time it shows up for me.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes, the tabs are actually there, however they are incredibly hard to notice honestly.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Does this version also work in Fennec? Has anyone tried? How are non-US people enjoying this version? I wonder about that since its not optimized for specific countries, or so it seems?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I'll only be updating EasyList unless it's easy to grab all of the lists together. Wonder if it would slow down the phone to have that many more patterns to check.
Maybe a "patterns.ini.d" or some equivalent could be created for users to put additional lists in and the main patterns.ini updated from there at install time?

Originally Posted by hqh View Post
Maybe a "patterns.ini.d" or some equivalent could be created for users to put additional lists in and the main patterns.ini updated from there at install time?
I'll look into some sort of solution.

In the meantime, AdBlock Plus is now in extras-testing. Try it out and go vote on it here: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...1.0/1maemo0-8/

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for this package. On my desktop Firefox, I like to roll-my-own Adblock rules rather than subscribe to any lists. Has anyone got any recommendations for how to easily sync (i.e. periodically copy) my desktop Adblock rules to the Maemo device? I would only need one-way sync, as I wouldn't need to edit the rules on the device (there's no UI for that anyway, as I understand it!).

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Thanks for this package. On my desktop Firefox, I like to roll-my-own Adblock rules rather than subscribe to any lists. Has anyone got any recommendations for how to easily sync (i.e. periodically copy) my desktop Adblock rules to the Maemo device? I would only need one-way sync, as I wouldn't need to edit the rules on the device (there's no UI for that anyway, as I understand it!).
Just do what the first post in the thread says to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:

Tags
adblock, fremantle, hack, microb