Active Topics

It is only 1 .bat/.sh file to run that will flash everything. Except on windows you'll need xperia drivers. Nothing different from flashing any android fw for most phones.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
It is only 1 .bat/.sh file to run that will flash everything. Except on windows you'll need xperia drivers. Nothing different from flashing any android fw for most phones.
The main piece of magic is packaging the blobs off the sony website into an ext4 formatted .img file. The stupid backwards bending we do to get around a silly EULA...

Aside from that its all straight fastboot flashing which you can do on any operating systen without trouble.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Got my F5121 in a few hours ago, new/sealed. Backed up DRM keys/TA partition using the DirtyCow method (and copied the img to multiple locations, in case of disaster), unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP, installed a custom ROM...

It's Android, so it's still garbage... but it's not hot garbage.

Waiting patiently for official US/NA release.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Apart from tech crazies, nerds, phone enthusiasts - who does Jolla really want to attract to come over from iOS or Android?
From day one, it has been said that it is a showcase and a community device:
Originally Posted by https://jolla.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Sony_Jolla_press_release_MWC2017_FINAL.pdf
The announcement represents a new opportunity for Jolla’s partners and community members alike - Sailfish OS customers around the world will soon be able to utilise Sony’s advanced mobile hardware in their projects, and Sony’s Open Devices program will offer Sailfish community members a chance to get their hands on an exciting new range of Sailfish - powered devices.
They were not targeting everyone in the announcement, only their partners (the ones that can build phones, or use Sony phones in their "projects") and the community members, as this phone is also sometime presented as the new "Community Device" (following the Jolla C so).

Sorry, I couldn't help but highlight the "soon(tm)" in the announcement

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Provide a Windows GUI application! With a single "Do it!" button and a progress bar.
Not single click, you are forgetting the 7 "Next" buttons to click in the installer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
....Backed up DRM keys/TA partition using the DirtyCow method (and copied the img to multiple locations, in case of disaster), unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP, installed a custom ROM...
Can you pls help me with all those things that you did? I have a used Xperia X running Android 6 and is asking me to update to Android 7. I don't have a Linux PC. I have a Windows 10 PC.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
Have a look at this resource:https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=785

It is well worth reading the thread to help get a feel for it:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=Xperia+DRM

You don't mention whether Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit in which case you will probably need to disable driver signature verification at some point.

You are lucky in that you won't have to downgrade from Nougat provided you ignore any software update prompts.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2017-09-20 at 22:42. Reason: Addition

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Thank you. I have now backed up my DRM keys. I have a few more questions:

1. My Xperia X is asking me to update my phone to Nougat. If I do so,
a. Will the DRM keys change?
b. Will I have to downgrade to Marshmallow again to install Sailfish OS?
c. If I upgrade my phone to Nougat, will doing a factory reset bring it back to Marshmallow? Will the backed up DRM keys still be relevant in that case?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Thank you. I have now backed up my DRM keys. I have a few more questions:

1. My Xperia X is asking me to update my phone to Nougat. If I do so,
a. Will the DRM keys change?
b. Will I have to downgrade to Marshmallow again to install Sailfish OS?
c. If I upgrade my phone to Nougat, will doing a factory reset bring it back to Marshmallow? Will the backed up DRM keys still be relevant in that case?
I suggest you to read that:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ria-x-t3590476

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Btw if anyone wnats to flash stock, you just download sony xperias flash tool and plug your device in. its great

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x