Notices

When I try to log into Twitter using Witter, Tweego, Hermes or chat through N900 my phone tells me that I either cannot log in or Username/PW is incorrect (although I know for a fact it's right). Is Twitter no longer working for the N900? If I try to log in via the browser it's fine.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
yea, i started getting 'rate limit exceeded' errors using mauku, and it stopped updating. i then installed the conversations plugin which refuses to connect at all. web does indeed work fine.

i did get an email from twitter stating that they were making some changes to apis so that's maybe the cause.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Most likely something to do with the change is oauth - http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_faq

Twitter recently changed their authentication protocol for everybody. So all 3rd party clients for any device and computer that has not updated will not work.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by otacon31 View Post
When I try to log into Twitter using Witter, Tweego, Hermes or chat through N900 my phone tells me that I either cannot log in or Username/PW is incorrect (although I know for a fact it's right).
  1. Please see "Twitter Applications and OAuth".
  2. Use "Account setup" in Witter and "Edit" your existing account. Then "Configure OAuth" there.
  3. Wait (and hope) for updates to other Maemo Twitter apps.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Mauku stopped working for me today, it keeps telling me "rate limit exceeded".

Also, my tweets older than 5 months have disappeared (again).

I'd say Twitter has screwed up something, once again. I'm starting to get tired of their goof-ups.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
I bumped into a problem with witter. I'd forgotten to configure OAuth and witter just hung on startup when trying to retrieve my timeline. I've posted a bug report about this.

If anyone else bumps into this problem I solved the issue with witter hanging on start up by opening xterm and typing:
Code:
mv .witter .witter.back
You then have to setup your twitter account details again making sure that you configure OAuth in the account setup screen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpandexBob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SpandexBob View Post
I bumped into a problem with witter. I'd forgotten to configure OAuth and witter just hung on startup when trying to retrieve my timeline. I've posted a bug report about this.

If anyone else bumps into this problem I solved the issue with witter hanging on start up by opening xterm and typing:
Code:
mv .witter .witter.back
You then have to setup your twitter account details again making sure that you configure OAuth in the account setup screen.
Thank you thank you!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by otacon31 View Post
Thank you thank you!
Yes, that solves that big problem.

But I am having bigger problems with searching than ever.

The forever problem is that Witter doesn't save searches.

But when I search for one thing then another, Witter doesn't get rid of the previous search!

So when I do a search for #N900 and read the tweets

then I search for #kindle

The #kindle results are mixed with the #n900 results.

I don't want that.

In fact, when I run Witter on my N810

I like how it works in some ways better than on my N900!

i would like to know when tweego will get fixed for this

The Following User Says Thank You to arnoldux For This Useful Post: